50th Birthday ideas

Zig

Visit site
My mate's 50 in August, and wants to play somewhere a bit different, with a spa for our better halves while we're out golfing. Would like somewhere decent for the ladies, but doesn't have to be the most amazing golf course. Any suggestions within, say, 3hrs of Newcastle?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Can you get to St Andrews in 3hrs? If so, choice of hotels with spas and plenty of golf depending on budget.

Reactions: Zig

Zig

Visit site
Played it before the changes... would love to go back if there are deals to be had. (And can swallow the Trump connection!)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does it have a pool? Great option if so!
They were building an extension to the spa when I was there last September and I think a pool was part of this. You would need to double check the website to be sure.

It's a very, very nice set up. You wouldn't be disappointed.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
De Vere Herons' Reach golf resort, just outside Blackpool. Course was passible , hotel pool and spa were good.
24 of us guys enjoyed it on a Sunday driver deal, but that was about 12 years ago.(y)

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ramside is reckoned to be the best Spa in the North & I understand the accommodation has been upgraded, though maybe a bit near home.

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
we did Aldewarke manor just outside York a few years ago , pretty decent, am not sure about the pool bit but worth a look.