4 captains picks=weakness?

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
So the US have decided to give the newly announced Ryder Cup Captain- Zinger- 4 picks! A sign of weakness perhaps? Certainly it admits that there were huge flaws in the last selection process! Will this help the Americans and should Europe follow suit?

swingstar1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I agree

it is a sign that the US qualification system is, not to put too fine a point on it...rubbish

to be honest they could start a seance and call up the likes of Hogan, Demaret and Hagen and they'd still get pumped

your picks count for jack when the star men don't look like they want to be there

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
4 picks is ridicuous - it's like a group of boy scouts constantly trying to change the rules but always coming up with the same results! Surely it just shows that the US are scared of the lack of strength in depth in their golf and need to be able to pick the past "champions (Davis Love, Couples etc) coz the form players just aren't up to it...Faldo must be lovin it!

JohnWT

Medal Winner
Visit site
I don't think the Americans' recent weakness has had anything to do with the selection system. They just haven't been good enough and the four picks idea is a sign of desperation. We should enjoy it while it lasts though - when some stronger Americans come along (and they inevitably do) we will have to eat humble pie. We're (GB, GB&I or Europe) 24-9 down in terms of numbers of victories.

chirs

Visit site
i think they need to stop worrying about the selection process and concentrate on creating more talent and encouraging better team spirit!