4 balls

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yay!
Our poor vice captain will be up all night rewriting the guidelines and the secretary will be rejigging the start sheets

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Keep as it is for me for now

He said avoid meeting more than one household in quick succession so why not just keep the simple 2 ball for a couple weeks. Keep that R number down

Plus pace of play been good

D

Deleted member 15344

He said avoid meeting more than one household in quick succession so why not just keep the simple 2 ball for a couple weeks. Keep that R number down

Because now you can get more of your membership playing on the course instead of the limits that are currently in place.

Pace of play should be fine if people follow the rules

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I agree that with the R number still close to 1 it is a risk but surely easier for four people to socially distance on a wide open course than getting six people to meet in a small terraced garden somewhere and maintain 2m. If it means more people get a chance to go out and play then it has to be a bonus

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Someone has suggested to me that it is up to 6 from only 2 households? Don't know because I didn't watch the briefing.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If there is to be a gradual release of the restrictions it would make sense to go to 3 balls initially rather than straight to what is effectively normal golf.
Pace of play should still be decent if the teeing off gaps are maintained

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did he say if the "up to 6 people" could come from up to 6 households?
I know he did suggest limiting number of households mixing but can't remember the detail

I would be happy with 3 balls for a while, if we keep to the current 10 minute gaps it should make a difference to capacity

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did he say if the "up to 6 people" could come from up to 6 households?
I know he did suggest limiting number of households mixing but can't remember the detail

I would be happy with 3 balls for a while, if we keep to the current 10 minute gaps it should make a difference to capacity

We lowered our 10 mins to 7 min gaps with 2 balls been working really well

Not been held up or held anyone up yet

3 balls would be a good next step

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It’s up to 6 people in an open space or private garden, no mention of only 2 households. The only reference he made to different households was to avoid meeting people from different households in quick succession. By that, I guess he means going from one 6 person gathering to another, then another and another etc etc.