4 balls

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have to say I have been really impressed with the EGU throughout this and how quickly they have moved at each stage to get everything clarified and distributed to clubs so they can make their own decisions armed with all the information to hand.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have to say I have been really impressed with the EGU throughout this and how quickly they have moved at each stage to get everything clarified and distributed to clubs so they can make their own decisions armed with all the information to hand.
Have to say I have been really unimpressed with posters who have failed to recognise that the old EGU changed its name many years ago and how slowly they have adapted to to the new name. ;):eek::unsure:;)

But I agree with your comment as it relates to EG (y)

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
One of our local clubs have already announced 4-balls from Monday. Clearly they know in advance of the EGU (or whatever they’re called ?) what’s happening ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Car parking might be a premium, we've been told to use every other space at ours.
:giggle::rolleyes:

We were told that, however like so many other aspects of golf there are those that read the rules and others that do not. Had to smile today one guy was struggling to park his car between two other cars when there were completely clear spaces 3 bays away.

Last week two guys were picnicking on the bench beside the 18th green when the rules are do not use the benches, do not linger and leave the course straight away.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
3 balls hopefully means that roll ups can start again. Obviously have to be drawn virtually, own score card, all the usual SD rules considered.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our h'way house re-opened a couple of days ago. 2 seats and a table for a pair were placed 2 metres apart and for 3 pairs 4 or 5 metres away. Today 6 players had pulled all their chairs and one table together.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
It should be a given, if I can meet 6 people from various households, then a fourball in an open space whilst still adopting 2m social distancing along with the other guidelines, is under the threshold.

Might be a bit more complex for IG to set up, if we still adopt playing restrictions ?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Our h'way house re-opened a couple of days ago. 2 seats and a table for a pair were placed 2 metres apart and for 3 pairs 4 or 5 metres away. Today 6 players had pulled all their chairs and one table together.

Sorry, but if people can’t adhere to what is very simple guidance, there is a very simple answer. Terminate their memberships. They are placing their own health at risk (which frankly I couldn’t care less about if they’re that selfish), and jeopardising the easing of restrictions for the rest of us.

I am heartily sick of selfish imbeciles who think the rules do not apply to them.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
3 balls hopefully means that roll ups can start again. Obviously have to be drawn virtually, own score card, all the usual SD rules considered.

Roll ups mean block bookings, I don’t think just moving from 2-balls to 3 or 4 change the playing restrictions that are in force, so the booking and playing 3 times a week etc will stay imo, well they will at mine, especially as we’re still only 9 holes, but with fourballs I’d like to think we’ll move simultaneously to 18 holes.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Roll ups mean block bookings, .

I feel sorry for your set up. Our rolls up still require individual slots to be booked and they are given no special privelege and if another group book a slot in the middle hard luck to the roll up.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I feel sorry for your set up. Our rolls up still require individual slots to be booked and they are given no special privelege and if another group book a slot in the middle hard luck to the roll up.

how do you book an individual slot for a roll up? surely as soon as you book a slot its not a roll up!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
how do you book an individual slot for a roll up? surely as soon as you book a slot its not a roll up!

In the roll ups I play in several of us get together and agree to book consecutive slots. In our system (normally) a single player can book a slot for 4 players without naming the other 3 players. Everybody who wants to play has to be there by 15 minutes before the first tee time to be included in the roll up with two I play in. With another it is 30 minutes or let organiser know by phone they want to play if the cannot get there by then.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Club has already emailed and said 4 balls from 1st June at 12 minute intervals. Will watch with interest how easy it is to get a game although I can see next weekend being a real dog eat dog scramble

D

Deleted member 15344

I’m surprised if any clubs are announcing 4 balls yet when it’s not even been confirmed by EG

I noticed this on the BBC report

No changes were announced to the rules on exercise, playing sport or travel in the prime minister's press conference on Thursday.

There is no longer any limit to the amount of time you can spend outside doing exercise, or in "open-air recreation" like sunbathing in England and, from Friday, in Scotland.

You can play outdoor sports such as golf or tennis with members of your household or with one other person from another household (while maintaining social distance).

Whilst they announced you can meet 6 people there was nothing more about exercise or sport with 6 people?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

We get 9 tee times, so 36 players max. That is a roll up. What's to feel sorry for?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m surprised if any clubs are announcing 4 balls yet when it’s not even been confirmed by EG

I noticed this on the BBC report

No changes were announced to the rules on exercise, playing sport or travel in the prime minister's press conference on Thursday.

There is no longer any limit to the amount of time you can spend outside doing exercise, or in "open-air recreation" like sunbathing in England and, from Friday, in Scotland.

You can play outdoor sports such as golf or tennis with members of your household or with one other person from another household (while maintaining social distance).

Whilst they announced you can meet 6 people there was nothing more about exercise or sport with 6 people?

Yes, my eye fell on this from the BBC website:

"You can play outdoor sports such as golf or tennis with members of your household or with one other person from another household (while maintaining social distance). "

which, to me, means no change - or did the last advice say: "AND with one other person from another household (while maintaining social distance). "

Perhaps the advertised EG statement tomorrow will explain.

Last edited: