4 balls

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
4 balls from Monday 7 min intervals (to leave the same as it's been)

From Tuesday can bring guests

From following Saturday we go to 8 min gaps

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So your Club is not following England Golf guidelines which suggest 10 minute gaps?
7 minutes is very tight for 4 balls regardless of C19

they have found it works, they have had 7 mins since covid and there is no bunching

its been managed well by the starter

the course is very new, the tee boxes are a short work to the next one.. so its very much off the green and onto the next hole

pace of play is good and it works fine

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
they have found it works, they have had 7 mins since covid and there is no bunching

its been managed well by the starter

the course is very new, the tee boxes are a short work to the next one.. so its very much off the green and onto the next hole

pace of play is good and it works fine
Were your tee times 7 minutes apart pre Covid?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

No they were 10, reduced to 7 once 2 balls came in which are averaging 1 hour 30 min for 9 holes

We have 13 open holes ATM which loop back in at the 5th to make 18 Nd even with that we have no issues (when you book 18 it auto books a space for you to create a natural gap)

I admit I'm surprised its gone to 8 not back to 10 but the GM is on top of things he been spot on so far.

We go to 18 holes in a month so will be even less issues then

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
We are going to 3 balls as from Monday 1st June

It will be quicker than a 4 ball and we can now book 18 holes,

All that has been asked of the membership is to use common sense and cancel a booking if you can't make it

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
We are having two balls up to 10.00, and after 17.00. Four balls other times. Can play 4 times in the week, and can have one guest now.

Think I will continue with a two ball, and a decent tee time. Great to be playing three hour rounds again. Will probably sort out a four ball as well with mates, but no doubt back to four hour rounds.:(

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
From Monday it's 2 balls until noon then 2/3/4 balls thereafter.

Suspect this will revert to normal the week after when the 2 ball bookings have worked through. 10 minute slots and visitors allowed.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I'm probably alone on this but unless you are able to sit in a bar afterwards and slag each other off about the round (and the more people the merrier for that) then what's the appeal of four balls on a busy course? Give me a less than three hour round with nobody holding me up or pressing me any day - today was up there with the most enjoyable rounds of golf I've ever had. It was our day at Loch Lomond when we got told can you stop for a (complimentary) beer please at the turn because we'd caught up half a hole on the group four holes ahead of us.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We are going to fourballs on Monday and retaining the 10 minute gaps. As 2-balls have already been booked from Monday to Thursday, they are allowing individuals to add their names against the existing 2-balls to make 4.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
3 balls from Thursday with 10 minute gaps, max 3 rounds a week for now. 9 hole bookings after 6pm, if any availability on the day you can book in and play in addition to the 3 rounds.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
4 balls from Weds, 10m gaps. 2 balls before 8.00 for those who want a faster round, or feel vulnerable.

Golf in two balls to me is soulless and pretty pointless. The bun fight for a tee time was wearing too. 2 x per week with one other person sucks the life out of golf. It's a social game. It's equivalent to whacking a tennis ball at a brick wall.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
20200530_095820.jpg

This is what I mean by the GM really stays on top of things

When we played 18 the other day the Marshall had a list of everyone and if they had booked 9 or 18.. as we booked 18 he met us on the 14th tee in his buggy (he had a gap in tee times on first) just to manage us dove tailing in.

Must say tho I will miss the 14th as is.. (the 5th off a diff tee box) it's a totally different view and monster from there. Prefer it

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
4 balls from Weds, 10m gaps. 2 balls before 8.00 for those who want a faster round, or feel vulnerable.

Golf in two balls to me is soulless and pretty pointless. The bun fight for a tee time was wearing too. 2 x per week with one other person sucks the life out of golf. It's a social game. It's equivalent to whacking a tennis ball at a brick wall.
I think that's a good Idea keeping the option of a few 2 balls