4 balls

D

Deleted member 15344

EG golf confirming things and conferring with the other governing bodies -

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yes, my eye fell on this from the BBC website:

"You can play outdoor sports such as golf or tennis with members of your household or with one other person from another household (while maintaining social distance). "

which, to me, means no change - or did the last advice say: "AND with one other person from another household (while maintaining social distance). "

Perhaps the advertised EG statement tomorrow will explain.

Is it not to be same as us in Scotland 3/4 balls allowed but only from 2 households.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I feel sorry for your set up. Our rolls up still require individual slots to be booked and they are given no special privelege and if another group book a slot in the middle hard luck to the roll up.

What are you on about [again], and why feel sorry for ‘my setup’?

I haven’t mentioned anything about the set up at my club in that post, I’ve simply responded to Larmen who said “hopefully with 3 balls roll ups would start again”, so if you actually took the time to read the post correctly, I’ve inferred that would mean block bookings within the current climate, which I don’t think would happen!

Jeez your hard work at times.....

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What are you on about [again], and why feel sorry for ‘my setup’?

I haven’t mentioned anything about the set up at my club in that post, I’ve simply responded to Larmen who said “hopefully with 3 balls roll ups would start again”, so if you actually took the time to read the post correctly, I’ve inferred that would mean block bookings within the current climate, which I don’t think would happen!

Jeez your hard work at times.....

Sometimes expressing things on websites instead of talking face to face leads to a lack of explanation. I read your post as you disliking block bookings did I misunderstand what what you meant.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great news ,hopefully people will still use the guidelines sensibly and not takes risks or get complacent the last thing we want is a spike and another shutdown.
Do your bit and pick up people that dont

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Spoke to the captain and no imminent decision on competitive play yet. I assume it'll be a case of reviewing how this pans out especially booking availability, pace of play. I can see four hours being the norm again

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've a feeling that some clubs may drag their feet on this and delay the introduction.
Ours stopped taking any more bookings from Friday 5th while they waited for confirmation from EG.
Since course is already pretty booked up from now until thursday 4th, I think they will remain with the booked 2 balls for those interim days.
Gives them a few days to sort out any changes in procedure.

Reading about so many Clubs disregarding EG's guidelines about 10 minutes between tee times makes me wonder what else they are not bothering about.

JollyRedDevil

Club Champion
Visit site
Our comps (3 ball) and 4 ball social games are starting from Saturday as everything had already been booked up to next Friday.
I have to say I quite liked the 2 ball format. Much faster.

I meant Saturday the 6th.

Last edited:

Mandofred

Visit site
Yep, 2 balls are faster. But I really haven't liked the brutal desperation of sitting next to the computer waiting till the clock turned 6pm and trying to beat everybody else to a time anywhere near morning a week in advance. If it stayed like this permanently, I don't know if I would keep playing.