2nd hand 4 wood

Johndfc14

Visit site
After starting playing again after a 15 year break, I am looking to upgrade my woods . I replaced the Wilson fat shaft driver with a ping I 15 driver and no regrets . So now I want to replace my 3 and 5 Wilson deep red fatshafts with a 4 wood fairway wood . I am thinking of anything from say 2010 upwards . I am really impressed with my driver so don’t really feel the need to go for the latest woods and their prices . Any recommendations? Looking at ping g20 or t-made r9 at the moment

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Worth remembering that a lot of 4 woods will be advertised as 3 high loft. If you can afford an adjustable wood most in the past few years will adjust between 1.5 and 2 degrees so a TM HL 3 will adjust to 18.5 degree.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
The manufacturers mess around with lofts so much now that I'd be inclined to look more at the loft than the number. The loft on one wood can vary from that on another. I would guess you're looking at something like a 16° loft.

elmoag

Club Champion
Visit site
A G10 4 wood is a great option they come regularly on eBay probably between £50-80. I still find G10 hard to beat across all the woods.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was going to suggest skipping down to a 5w only. There are some pretty powerful options out there. The new face technology is creeping into fairways and they are becoming very long.
I was carrying a 4 wood and then changed out about 2 years ago, I do have a Callaway hot metal lying around but they are long in the shaft and could present a challenge off the fairway. The 5 I have now is as long in yardage but 0.5” shorter in shaft and a few degrees weaker in loft. Which makes it a very versatile club.