2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountLippe

Visit site
Yeah, just thought he might be different :ROFLMAO:

In actual fact most of the biggest golfers seem to have had a "hot streak" at some point and only a few have sustained over years and years.

Its quite surprising actually, considering how long players can have a career at the top, how few have won majors more than a couple of years apart!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The awesome 2 years thing is quite common - see keopka, spieth, day, cam smith,
Iain Carter and Andrew Cotter used to do a golf podcast, pre pandemic, and they were the first ones I heard raise this point. It's stuck with me since and it certainly does seem to be a pattern. Is it due to the depth of the fields now, the amount it takes out of you to maintain that level? Interesting stuff though.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Fried brussel sprouts, what's not to love! :love:

Korean fried sprouts especially.
0-BEAA8-B0-4-A53-40-B3-879-E-A732-AEA4930-C.jpg

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd skip the soup but everything else looks great. Seems quite a filling meal if burgers are just for starter. 'Murica I guess. :LOL:

D-S

Visit site
Anyone know what's happened to the live European Tour coverage today?
I don't see it on Sky, however they have 4 hours live coverage of the LPGA Aramco in Singapore and 11.5 hours (yes that's right 11.5 hours) of live coverage from the world renowned Valspar Championship.

Perhaps they just consider the DPWT as a feeder tour?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I seem to remember that last year they had issues getting equipment out of Kenya after that event and nearly missed the first day of this one..
Maybe tneyve decided that they don't want to have the hassle with Kenyan Border Force again...

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I seem to remember that last year they had issues getting equipment out of Kenya after that event and nearly missed the first day of this one..
Maybe tneyve decided that they don't want to have the hassle with Kenyan Border Force again...

I saw Ben Coley tweet that it was the tours not Skys decision and Sky wanted to cover it

Whydowedoit

Hacker
Visit site
Do South African TV not cover this? Therefore no equipment would be required. Just seems very odd.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Do South African TV not cover this? Therefore no equipment would be required. Just seems very odd.
Although I'm not prepared to divulge my sources, I can confirm that south African telly is covering this.
Supersport golf, which I assume is a subscription channel.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not sure what's going on in SA today but Matthew Jordan has just started the 2nd round Triple, Triple, Quad!!
10 over after 3 holes......he's out Fraggering Fragger
Play suspended due to high winds...that'll be it...
Damage done though.

Whydowedoit

Hacker
Visit site
South African tournaments are usually shown on Supersport. Dale Hayes & friends on commentary. The earlier DP World Tour events this season were Supersport coverage live on Sky, who are contracted to show all the events as far as I know. Very odd indeed. No explanation either.

Status
Not open for further replies.