2022 World Cup.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A top coach should look beyond that for the good of the team. He has to rise above it and see what he offers City week in week out and get him doing the same for England.

Takes a long to win back trust tho doesn't it? He is a massively talented player but surrounded by superstars at citeh where as he brought on grealish who has proven he can play fantastic football and hold the ball up when no offence to villa fans surrounded by average

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If he dosnt trust him why take him.
It’s silly not to play your best players because of a historic mistake.

We all wanted him on , but then grealish was a great option and did exactly what was needed which was hold the ball up the other end of the pitch and win free kicks (which carved a chance)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Takes a long to win back trust tho doesn't it? He is a massively talented player but surrounded by superstars at citeh where as he brought on grealish who has proven he can play fantastic football and hold the ball up when no offence to villa fans surrounded by average
Why waste time proving a point, and getting knocked out through a lack of creativity? Managers have to deal with different characters and personalities all of the time. Sometimes they have to suck up an incident if it means they win games. That's the ultimate aim, isn't it?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We all wanted him on , but then grealish was a great option and did exactly what was needed which was hold the ball up the other end of the pitch and win free kicks (which carved a chance)
Yes I agree but putting Foden on for Mount would not fundamentally have changed the main objective for GS which is defend and don’t lose.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why waste time proving a point, and getting knocked out through a lack of creativity? Managers have to deal with different characters and personalities all of the time. Sometimes they have to suck up an incident if it means they win games. That's the ultimate aim, isn't it?

We aren't out yet. Not even close. Only a 4 goal loss will get us out so we will judge in the next phase

It reminds me entirely of euros when everyone was banging on that grealish has to come on...has to.. must do. How can he not bring on grealish

Started the final in the end didn't he?

D

Deleted member 15344

A top coach should look beyond that for the good of the team. He has to rise above it and see what he offers City week in week out and get him doing the same for England.

Southgate was poor as Middlesbrough manager playing defensive negative football , as England U21 manager he wasn’t much better. As England manager in 2018 he set pieced his way to a semi final but lost any game when he came up against a decent side

The Euros was the best chance since 96 for England to win and again he was found wanting - he had at his disposal some of the best talent in Europe , players that star for the best managers in the world but he cannot adapt , he cant change as the game goes , and he can’t develop away from a “must not lose” mentality.

There has been lots of talk about Sven wasting the golden generation but at least there were a lot of strong nations to battle against - Southgate is going to waste a lot more and during a period where there isn’t a stand out national team.

Every single top manager would find a place for the likes of Foden , TAA , Grealish , Maddison etc - Southgate finds a way to justify keeping them sat on the bench

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wales will have to go for it if they want to win by four clear goals on Tuesday. I can see that creating lots of chances for England so should be an easy win.

Swango1980

Visit site
Yes, however he picked your lad rashford instead of foden

Who had scored Monday and looks to be in fine form himself

We have a very strong squad. Whoever he doesn't bring on if we don't win it will always be oh he should have brought on him!
In my opinion, if England have one player who stands out above the rest, and has the potential to be regarded as one of best in world by all, it is probably Foden. Bellingham might not be far behind, though still very young. So, I very much believe Foden should be first on team sheet as far as attacking midfielders are concerned. Rashford, Sako and Sterling are all very good players, and very similar. I like Grealish, because he offers something different to those 3. If Rashford, Sako or Sterling had not got on last night, there would be much less suprise by the English public. So, I don't think I'm the only one that thinks Foden must be a key player for England?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We aren't out yet. Not even close. Only a 4 goal loss will get us out so we will judge in the next phase
No, absolutely. I was exaggerating the point. We will likely qualify, job done at this stage.

I just see Foden as a top talent who can unlock defences. To not use him is a criminal waste, imo, particularly in game where we were incredibly uninspiring.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If Paula Radcliffe had played against Iran in that match, immediately after running a marathon, she'd have looked OK.

We also don't know how tired he really is. I know Conte mentioned it, but that could just as easily be an excuse rather than being sincere. If his team don't do so well, and therefore he is another player who doesn't shine, then people say it is because he is tired. Maybe he isn't, maybe the team just didn't play well and therefore looked tired? If England go and beat Wales and Kane scores 2 or 3 goals, he might look fit again

I dont think it’s a case of Kane being tired you could say that about the whole team, watching Kane play live gives you a different perspective of the way he plays, it’s very noticeable how little sprints he makes it’s more about his movement and awareness of other teamates.

I’ve watched nearly all the Spurs games on tv so far this season and if you don’t understand the way he plays some might say he looks tired in every game.