2022 World Cup.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Maddison isn’t even fit,so it’s hardly a big call to say he won’t get a game.
Personally I can’t see why he was taken.
If Senegal had taken Mane in the hope they’d get to the latter stages & he’d be fit,I’d understand that.
But it’s James Maddison,even if he was fit he’d be lucky to get game time imo:

JRS7

Visit site
Interesting game between England and the United States of America. One big chance and Kane didn't put it away. Could have been 1-0 to England, but England will take 0-0. I wouldn't risk Maddison due to injury and lack of experience now. My team for Wales:
------------Pickford
Trippier-Stones-Maguire-Shaw
Henderson(c)-Bellingham
Saka-------Mount------Sterling
-------------Wilson

Kane off form and also needs a rest. Wilson was bright when he came on in the first game and Henderson bright in the second (with the added bonus of being able to be a captain). Grealish to come on at some stage on the left to open the game up if necessary. Alexander-Arnold also an option for a more attacking full/wing back.

Last edited:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting game between England and the United States of America. One big chance and Kane didn't put it away. Could have been 1-0 to England, but England will take 0-0. I wouldn't risk Maddison due to injury and lack of experience now. My team for Wales:
Pickford
Trippier-Stones-Maguire-Shaw
Henderson(c)-Bellingham
Saka-Mount-Sterling
-------Wilson

Kane off form and also needs a rest. Wilson was bright when he came on in the first game and Henderson bright in the second (with the added bonus of being able to be a captain). Grealish to come on at some stage on the left to open the game up if necessary. Alexander-Arnold also an option for a more attacking full/wing back.

I'm guessing you're a Liverpool supporter, no?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I really cannot understand the critics of Southgate.
He always builds a good team strength and strategy from players who are not really 'world class'.
Over performs on every level.

Goalless draws against Scotland & Wales and all their world class players is over performing on very level?

Get back under your bridge Doom.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The best change to make is to stop playing so many balls across the back four especially Maguire and Stones, too slow and boring, press as a team higher up the pitch.

Ditch Sterling and Mount, play Grealish and Foden to two players that are more positive and bring something different to the team.

Put Henderson on the half time oranges ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The best change to make is to stop playing so many balls across the back four especially Maguire and Stones, too slow and boring, press as a team higher up the pitch.

Ditch Sterling and Mount, play Grealish and Foden to two players that are more positive and bring something different to the team.

Put Henderson on the half time oranges ?

thing thats the problem with getting foden off the bench.. his best position is from the left and thats sterling right now.. saka on right.. both scored vs iran.. saka is in great form for club.. and sterling plays well for england.. so getting him in is just timing

after the USA game there is a huge argument that foden should replace sterling as he isnt looking sharp

I do like the idea of foden and grealish in the team , I think they would really move us forward quickly and grealish would win a lot of free kicks

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good question.

I would've taken another striker personally. I know Toney has trouble coming from the gambling issue but until he's found guilty he should've been in the squad. He offers something totally different to anyone else. The guy is a beast. His exclusion was Southgate playing politics and covering his own back, IMO.
Yes totally agree.
Look at what Haarland has done as a direct CF, most defenders today can’t handle it.

As for GS what happened to only picking players in form ,does that include injured ones ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes totally agree.
Look at what Haarland has done as a direct CF, most defenders today can’t handle it.

As for GS what happened to only picking players in form ,does that include injured ones ?

I think GS wanted that to be his original stance but as with all international management you soon notice that form means your "best 11" are often all over the place because nobody ever plays that well all together

I mean stones is great for england and hardly plays for city

sterling always raises his game for england

you will notice he picks form players but also picks the players who got england to where they are

loyal to the players who serve him well but also brings in some form players like maddison, gallagher

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think GS wanted that to be his original stance but as with all international management you soon notice that form means your "best 11" are often all over the place because nobody ever plays that well all together

I mean stones is great for england and hardly plays for city

sterling always raises his game for england

you will notice he picks form players but also picks the players who got england to where they are

loyal to the players who serve him well but also brings in some form players like maddison, gallagher
I would question his judgment then , don’t make silly comments like that then come up with a reason to not do it.

Sterling is a marmite player and he has more poor games than good ones.
Stones I agree but we’re not blessed with options in CB.
But upfront we are.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would question his judgment then , don’t make silly comments like that then come up with a reason to not do it.

Sterling is a marmite player and he has more poor games than good ones.
Stones I agree but we’re not blessed with options in CB.
But upfront we are.

fully agree at CB we are pretty much what we have got. there isnt many stand out players

sterling does statistically perform for england at tournaments