Morikawa
Horschal
Hovland

Was impressed with the way Fitzpatrick played this morning

wonder when he left Ping

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
So many top players missing the cut. At least there's LIV to fall back on.

Feel a bit of sympathy for DP World Tour & the Scottish open, they finally become co-sanctioned and so many 'big guns' don't make the weekend. At least a few are still showing well.
Maybe for the other thread but do wonder if the LIV threat of the last couple of years led to the co-sanctioning...

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Feel a bit of sympathy for DP World Tour & the Scottish open, they finally become co-sanctioned and so many 'big guns' don't make the weekend. At least a few are still showing well.
Maybe for the other thread but do wonder if the LIV threat of the last couple of years led to the co-sanctioning...
The co-sanctioning was partly motivated to give TPGAT players links experience, so the relative 'failure' of many of them isn't a surprise - even if Rennaisance isn't a 'pure' links like TOC is/will be. I do believe there was a solid chunk of 'defensive teamwork' in the co-sanctioning though. I can remember JM announcing the co-sanctioning as part of the joint LIV 'defence' strategy announced early this year.

IainP

Visit site
The late dropped shots by Schauffele look to have made tomorrow more interesting.
Think he dropped some late also but IMO good to Fowler playing better.
Some week for Jordan Smith whatever happens. Hopefully Cabrera-Bello plays well tomorrow also.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The late dropped shots by Schauffele look to have made tomorrow more interesting.
Think he dropped some late also but IMO good to Fowler playing better.
Some week for Jordan Smith whatever happens. Hopefully Cabrera-Bello plays well tomorrow also.
Rafael needs to work out how to finish things off....only 4 wins and he's been around for ever...
Should have won a lot more..

D

Deleted member 15344

That was a very composed back 9 from Schuaffle

Key birdie on 16th and then great putt on the 17th was prob the winning putt

glad I managed to put some money on him a few weeks ago for the Open

IainP

Visit site
Enjoyed the Scottish Open golf, but thought would ask how people (who watched on Sky) found things. It seemed to me that majority of the Sky presenters/commentators were really pushing hard on the "it is a PGA Tour event" angle. Also had the FedEx file and everyone's favourite :whistle: the AON risk & reward segments. If it hadn't been for DP world on the hoardings you may have been hard pushed to realise they were involved. Once the dust settles I wonder if DP World view it is a success.

Some related points others may have knowledge on -
Think it is a pet peeve of Slab's that the top guys on the race to Dubai tend not to have played any bona fide DP World events - they are there because of major and WGC 'points'.

Looks like the Scottish was done differently as I don't see Schauffele in there.
https://www.europeantour.com/dpworld-tour/rankings/race-to-dubai/rankings/

I didn't watch the Barbasol, which was also co-sanctioned. Does seem like H Long came forth and improved his race to Dubai standings a little, so worth the travel for him.
Mullinax won it and gained 24 ogwr points and entry to the Open, so fair play to him.
No doubt Azinger will now maintain he is a better golfer that Fleetwood and Fitzpatrick as "Mullinax has won on the PGA Tour" ;)