2022 Professional golf thread

D

Deleted member 15344

Very surprised.
Third at tonight's tractor classic is guaranteed a spot at St Andrews (maybe even lower) but win one of the ET premier events and the player can jog on :eek:

That maybe needs a rethink

It’s one of the three events on PGA Tour set as a qualifying along with Arnold Palmer and Barbasol

D

Deleted member 15344

Heard a few differing opinions about Renaissance from a few that have played it with the opinion that it’s a marmite course but each year watching the comp the course does look very nice

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll be there tomorrow. Any recommendations for places to view from?

Apparently we get to park at Muirfield :oops:. No hand brake turns on the fairway, I promise.

D

Deleted member 15344

The weather doesn’t look like the wind has got up too much but they are certainly having some issues . Fitzpatrick is one though that looks like he is enjoying it

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I like his calming voice
Some say dull and I suspect that’s how you see him,but I like him.
Dull is good.

Warning - Rant coming.

Anything is better than Dougherty, who thinks it's his show, and the golf is just something in the background.
Wish they had a red button to change to a different commentary. My mute logo covers the bottom of the screen.
I'm sure he thinks he's getting paid by the word.
And he just blathers on even when players are on their shot. Usually about who had dinner with, or played with, two years ago
And - If he's not sure how to fill a space it's straight into the cliché box.
"He's on the dance floor"
"It's a work in progress"
"It's all part of the journey"

Agh :mad:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The boys are struggling this morning with a gentle breeze ?
Good test before the Open.
I was there today. It wasn't very gentle at most points of the day, I'm guessing your post was tongue in cheek. Clearly I couldn't see every shot but the standard of play, in that wind, on that course was mighty impressive.

A few things I picked up on.

North Berwick is a really nice town, really nice.

The houses by the Renaissance Club are the absolute dogs danglies. Fabulous, millionaires houses and worth every penny.

I wouldn't want to be a member there. Too much rough, course is a bit featureless. Magnificent condition but even so.........

It isn't a great viewing course. You could only stand behind 2 tee boxes. The rest roped you off to the sides. Even on greens they had you too far away on the hole. This was a little disappointing.

The pro's all looked slighter than they do on TV.

Apart from Rahm who is a bull of a man. Never wrestle with Rahm, he will win.

Pro's hit iron shots soooooo smoothly. I should learn from this, but won't.

Most players drive the ball a remarkably similar distance.

Pro's play at a glacial pace ?. It is frequently painful to much.

£35 to go for the day was great value.

Oh yes, Genesis cars look great, see electric car thread for more ?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
It was tongue in cheek ??
These boys play a different game to us mere mortals!!
The wind is the main defence for these courses, even Inverness was blowing a hoolie today ?