2021 Professional Golf Thread

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
What I love about the anti-McIlroy stuff is that people talk about him like he's a failure.

Yet. he's got nearly enough wins to be a hall-of-famer twice over

You need 15 wins on major tours, plus 2 majors

He has 28 wins, plus 4 majors, and he's only 32

I'll bet there's a shed load of players on the world tours, who wished they had the stones to win tournaments that Rory has!

And probably being dissed by double digit handicappers who struggle to break handicap round a club course, and who have no idea of the increased degree of difficulty that a course set up for a professional tournament holds. You couldn’t make it up. :rolleyes:

Leftitshort

Visit site
And probably being dissed by double digit handicappers who struggle to break handicap round a club course, and who have no idea of the increased degree of difficulty that a course set up for a professional tournament holds. You couldn’t make it up. :rolleyes:
I think Mcilroy is missing out, needs an 11 wood & some stash from sports direct. He’d be a winner then ?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
What I love about the anti-McIlroy stuff is that people talk about him like he's a failure.

Yet. he's got nearly enough wins to be a hall-of-famer twice over

You need 15 wins on major tours, plus 2 majors

He has 28 wins, plus 4 majors, and he's only 32

I'll bet there's a shed load of players on the world tours, who wished they had the stones to win tournaments that Rory has!

90% of tour players would love a career like the poor season Rory has just had.

D

Deleted member 1147

According to Tony Johnstone the other week, only 9% of those who've started a European tour event, have ever won one.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I thought that one of the many differences between the tour pros and us hackers was that they could put a bad shot, or bad hole, out of their mind and get on with playing their normal stuff. That is what was so surprising to me … after hitting the pin on the 15th, Rory just fell apart and played three successive holes really poorly. That’s the sort of thing I do!

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I thought that one of the many differences between the tour pros and us hackers was that they could put a bad shot, or bad hole, out of their mind and get on with playing their normal stuff. That is what was so surprising to me … after hitting the pin on the 15th, Rory just fell apart and played three successive holes really poorly. That’s the sort of thing I do!
More often than he does I'd guess

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
My initial thoughts too (both points), but I'm inclined to the view that, having dropped that shot, winning was out of the question so there was nothing to play for - the sizable difference in prize money being of little concern to him.

sunshine

Visit site

Most irrelevant post on this forum. Why have a professional golf thread, is it only open for tour pros to post?