2021 Professional Golf Thread

Visit site
I played from the incorrect tees in a competition round once; 36 hole stableford, I striped one down the middle and heard the young lad I was playing with say "I think you just played off the yellows"...

Slightly different in this scenario but at pro level, it shouldn't happen!

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Haha. Lot of hybrid chipping going on out there.
How about Victor though? What a show.
Yep, the eagle hole out on 14 really kicked him forward.
I almost didn't bother watching when Morikawa was starting so many ahead - normally so dependable. Glad I did.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Morikawa is just fantastic, he has a superb mentality that when it matters he can elevate himself.... he hit an amazing iron shot from the bunker, then capitalized with the putt. McIlroy extremely unlucky with the pin into bunker shot, it's a pity as that derailed him and meant he had to chase hard - would have been great to have had a play-off with those 2.

Not to pick on you, but i just went back remembering the bit of stick Rory got. I thought Morikawa would be a sure thing with a five shot lead, but just shows even he can't always elevate himself and cope with the pressure. Couple of bad shots, couple of bad breaks and struggle to keep the wheels on in the pressure moment. Guess that's why sport is so fascinating.

sunshine

Visit site
Not to pick on you, but i just went back remembering the bit of stick Rory got. I thought Morikawa would be a sure thing with a five shot lead, but just shows even he can't always elevate himself and cope with the pressure. Couple of bad shots, couple of bad breaks and struggle to keep the wheels on in the pressure moment. Guess that's why sport is so fascinating.

A few months ago, Morikawa would have won that. But he’s just got engaged, beginning of the end for him. Look what happened to Rory, Rickie, etc.

His fiancée was probably texting him during the final round to ask why he had been at the course so long, why he wasn’t home yet, what time he was going to be home, etc

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There was a great clip of Hovland on the last green laughing at something whilst another player was lining up their shot, still walking around so not at the serious stage. He had not won at this point.

No constant zone for Victor, he comes across as human and very likeable.