2021 Professional Golf Thread

D

Deleted member 3432

Morikawa appears to have a problem getting the job done on a Sunday.

Losing a 6 shot lead, will he ever win again?

Not been serious here but it shows how difficult it is to win even for the worlds best players and that includes Rory....

D

Deleted member 1147

Morikawa appears to have a problem getting the job done on a Sunday.

Losing a 6 shot lead, will he ever win again?

Not been serious here but it shows how difficult it is to win even for the worlds best players and that includes Rory....
I think he's probably finished as a force in the game.
He's got his two majors, and now he's lost focus, with his private life getting in the way, plus no doubt he'll have none playing interests (course design etc).
I just don't think golf is important to him any more.

D

Deleted member 3432

Are people really comparing one poor tournament for Morikawa to years and years of bottling from Rory? Even in jest? :ROFLMAO:

Got to start bottling it somewhere...;)

Once it starts they are finished o_O

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
What did Morikawa was the mud.
I reckon he could have handled the first lost ball, but to then hit a good shot and have the mud lose his second ball, so soon after.....I reckon that did his head in.
I'll bet he has not lost two balls in a round since starting his golf college days!

D

Deleted member 1147

Got to start bottling it somewhere...;)

Once it starts they are finishedo_O
Agreed - you can always pinpoint the time it all went wrong, just look at Kaymer in the desert, when he gave up a massive lead. Hasn't won since.
Spieth even uses the wrong tee now, same for Stenson.
:)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What did Morikawa was the mud.
I reckon he could have handled the first lost ball, but to then hit a good shot and have the mud lose his second ball, so soon after.....I reckon that did his head in.
I'll bet he has not lost two balls in a round since starting his golf college days!
Most of us know the feeling lately!

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I only watched bits, but it does show elite field but less players so you see more shots of those playing badly:

Rory - putted off the green (OK, fast and difficult pin)
Bryson - hit an iron off the tee that barely got 6 ft in the air and could have hit water.
Morikawa - duffed chips, lost balls etc.
Spieth and Stenson - teeing up in completely wrong place.

That's just off the top of my head, they are obviously superb players i think you just forget you're seeing the players on form normally each week.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Are people really comparing one poor tournament for Morikawa to years and years of bottling from Rory? Even in jest? :ROFLMAO:

Are people really stupid enough to call a 4 time Major winner and the player with the equal 3rd highest win percentage on the PGA tour, beaten only by Tiger Woods & Jon Rahm in the current era, a bottler? :rolleyes:

FELL75

Visit site
I only watched bits, but it does show elite field but less players so you see more shots of those playing badly:

Rory - putted off the green (OK, fast and difficult pin)
Bryson - hit an iron off the tee that barely got 6 ft in the air and could have hit water.
Morikawa - duffed chips, lost balls etc.
Spieth and Stenson - teeing up in completely wrong place.

That's just off the top of my head, they are obviously superb players i think you just forget you're seeing the players on form normally each week.
And Sam Burns having 4 attempts to chip onto the green ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Are people really stupid enough to call a 4 time Major winner and the player with the equal 3rd highest win percentage on the PGA tour, beaten only by Tiger Woods & Jon Rahm in the current era, a bottler? :rolleyes:
I'd never call him a 'bottler', but he does appear to (quite reasonably imo) stop giving it his absolute all when 'winning is virtually impossible'! Can't say I can 'blame him' for that - he's pulled off a number of wins by battling, successfully, in the past - along with a number of magnificent outright front-running wins.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'd never call him a 'bottler', but he does appear to (quite reasonably imo) stop giving it his absolute all when 'winning is virtually impossible'! Can't say I can 'blame him' for that - he's pulled off a number of wins by battling, successfully, in the past - along with a number of magnificent outright front-running wins.
You could level that criticism at a number of the top players that when the win is "virtually impossible" they seem to stop putting the whole 100% in. I would assume, and prepared for others to say otherwise, that for most, the money for the minor spots isn't an overriding factor and they will all have their playing status so no worry about ranking points. As a result winning is everything and only one can do that so they know barring a massive meltdown and some outrageous fortune they won't pick up the trophy. They are still professional in what they do but you can understand if the intensity isn't there

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sure Rory won't bother about some lad on the internet writing that they think he is a little 'Spursy' - after all unlike London's worst team he does manage to win something most years - or even ever.
As long as he has warriors like yourself to keep defending him I'm sure he won't cry himself to sleep. :LOL:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Must check back through the forum to make sure none of the people using the 'Bottler' term have ever mentioned blowing a good medal round after being under par at the turn, or moaned about how the pressure is terrible when they have a card in hand or any other case of not playing perfect for a full 18 holes! Easy when sat behind a keyboard :LOL:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Must check back through the forum to make sure none of the people using the 'Bottler' term have ever mentioned blowing a good medal round after being under par at the turn, or moaned about how the pressure is terrible when they have a card in hand or any other case of not playing perfect for a full 18 holes! Easy when sat behind a keyboard :LOL:
All of which will be a relevant comparison when we're paid hundreds of thousands to do it. (y)