2021 Professional Golf Thread

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You probably won’t have heard this but three of the hardest holes on the course come in the last 4 hole stretch.

D

Deleted member 15344

I didn’t realise that Harrington and McGinley won the World Cup here

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Now some of the 'big names' have been through there they can start dishing out slow play penalties to the 'lesser' players ?
Ha yes.
To be fair I've been watching the featured holes for a bit and there's been a gaggle of players snapping it off the tee, so plenty of faffing about with crowds and rulings, plus a few recovery shots going in the water.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ha ha - Paddy is a decent bloke, I've taken his pic before - he was pretty blunt with the noisy punter just now though.

A few years ago now at the Irish open ar killarney. He was the big name and all the kids wanted his autograph. When he walked off 18 the kids went mad shouting at him and the way he spoke to them was like a headmaster. He brought them under control in an instant. Told them not to disturb the players playing the 18th and that he would see every last one of them if they behaved themselves. They all immediately fell quiet and he was true to his word.

eddie_1878

Visit site
The vocal minority in the US crowd as unbearable as ever here. The incessant attention seeking yells following shots has to stop, it’s making me want to turn it off. Even worse is the baffling reaction to missed putts, which sound as though they’re witnessing a plane crash.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
We played a tour Q school once in Orlando the day after the final.
Jeez we couldn’t get on the par 4s in two.
Some holes we only just got on the fairway the carries were so long.
I hit driver on two par 3s.
I was off 5 at the time and so out of my depth it was unreal how hard it was.
F Licklighter shot 27 under to win the Q school.
So I belive it.

Played Bethpage Black off the backs of the day, not the full backs, with a caddie, 7 handicapper. Couldn't get onto some par 4's in two. Told to lay up by the caddie (correctly!) on a par 4 when I'd hit one of my best drives :oops:. Driver on a par 3. Barely making the fairway on a couple of holes. Broke 100 but not with a lot to spare. They play a completely game and it's not one I have any desire to play again.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Q1. How did Cameron make a 10? Please show workings

Attachments

• 0B3C5D5D-C8DF-4FE1-AAB7-19C434070EDA.jpeg
    0B3C5D5D-C8DF-4FE1-AAB7-19C434070EDA.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 34

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I hate pros getting line of sight drops. BDC has just hit it into the long grass, but gets a nice drop because there is a tent between him and the green. That probably isn't really in his way.
So, he gets a nice drop into the fairway.

Pros should have to play it from wherever it lands. If they don't like it, take a penalty drop.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played Bethpage Black off the backs of the day, not the full backs, with a caddie, 7 handicapper. Couldn't get onto some par 4's in two. Told to lay up by the caddie (correctly!) on a par 4 when I'd hit one of my best drives :oops:. Driver on a par 3. Barely making the fairway on a couple of holes. Broke 100 but not with a lot to spare. They play a completely game and it's not one I have any desire to play again.
Orange County National was ours .
Early morning so it was soaking wet.
Not a good idea.
I played Birkdale a week after Baker Finch won the open, how he shot 29 around that front 9 I will never know.
What a course

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hate pros getting line of sight drops. BDC has just hit it into the long grass, but gets a nice drop because there is a tent between him and the green. That probably isn't really in his way.
So, he gets a nice drop into the fairway.

Pros should have to play it from wherever it lands. If they don't like it, take a penalty drop.
Yes I agree the tent was there when he teed off .

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Orange County National was ours .
Early morning so it was soaking wet.
Not a good idea.
I played Birkdale a week after Baker Finch won the open, how he shot 29 around that front 9 I will never know.
What a course

Carnoustie 5 days after Lawrie won the Open; or Car-nasty as the press dubbed, and it was. How anyone shifted anything out of that rough defeated me, let alone with the finesse they did around the greens. They play a game with which I am not familiar.