2021 Professional Golf Thread

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Does anybody know who designed the Kiawah Island Ocean course please as the commentators never mention it at all. ? I actually feel like I know them and have met them numerous times ?

Very much agree
I wonder with several cup finals in the next couple of weeks whether the commentators will harp on every 3 minutes about the stadium designers:unsure: Or they might just commentate on the action

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Does anybody know who designed the Kiawah Island Ocean course please as the commentators never mention it at all. ? I actually feel like I know them and have met them numerous times ?
Filling in nine hours of commentary can't be easy, especially as we seem to see one shot every five minutes. Tide seems to move faster than the golfers.:(

Good interesting course, which makes a change from the typical US parkland with lakes designed by Jack, Arnie and co.

wjemather

Visit site
Filling in nine hours of commentary can't be easy, especially as we seem to see one shot every five minutes.
Good commentators have a wide repertoire of chat and anecdotes, so do not need repeat the same facts and statistics several times during every stint. Sadly, one particular member of the SSG team is absolutely insufferable in this regard.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
The more Brad Faxon the better, I learnt more in his first 10 minutes than the next 10 hours. Nothing against the rest of them, it's a long time to fill etc etc, but Faxon is incredible for in-depth and interesting bits

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Good commentators have a wide repertoire of chat and anecdotes, so do not need repeat the same facts and statistics several times during every stint. Sadly, one particular member of the SSG team is absolutely insufferable in this regard.
Imagine a lot of viewers flit in and out of watching the golf. I thought I watched a fair bit but have no idea who designed the course.:eek::)

Noticed golfers still not shouting fore when they smash one into the stands. Now that does annoy me.(y)

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
The feed I was on showed a few images where the camera was low and the sea was behind the course. The perspective made it look like the course was below sea level and the water might consume it at any minute.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
The more Brad Faxon the better, I learnt more in his first 10 minutes than the next 10 hours. Nothing against the rest of them, it's a long time to fill etc etc, but Faxon is incredible for in-depth and interesting bits

I agree. Clever man, and a great putter in his day. He and Beemer buck the trend of American commentators being tough for British Ears to listen to!! :)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Erik Anders Lang is around that handicap and he played it from the tips a week before and shot 99

Think he’s around 5 handicap

Plenty of 5 handicaps who are short hitters would struggle I reckon
We played a tour Q school once in Orlando the day after the final.
Jeez we couldn’t get on the par 4s in two.
Some holes we only just got on the fairway the carries were so long.
I hit driver on two par 3s.
I was off 5 at the time and so out of my depth it was unreal how hard it was.
F Licklighter shot 27 under to win the Q school.
So I belive it.