2021 Professional Golf Thread

D

Deleted member 18588

Yes, I was disappointed at that.
To be fair I didn't see much warmth from either player.

The handshakes after 72 holes were equally cursory.

And both seemed happy to utilise the odd matchplay tactic.

Compelling viewing nevertheless.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am so glad I decided to record the last two holes and go to bed to watch this morning. Eyes were already drooping

Patrick Cantlay = Mr One Putt

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
I read a report this morning that suggested BDC was doing some eye rolling after Cantlay performed his full putting routine for a 2ft putt & also had asked Cantlay to 'stop walking' during a shot; during the play-off I also noticed BDC hitting a bomb and audibly whistling as Cantlay prepared his drive.

BDC had so many chances and can only be cross at himself for not converting, fair play to Cantlay for hanging in there & making such huge pressure putts.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rumours galore who cares
Great viewing great excitement
Although 1000s of birdies during normal play I quite enjoyed the duel.
Playoff was brilliant
Bryson in the water up and down for par.
Bryson sticking it to 4ft Cantlay to 2ft brilliant.
Bryson will be kicking himself.
Must admit 2 totally different outlooks on the game,Bryson and his caddie running off the tee and Cantlay cool as a cucumber.
Great entertainment what’s not to like.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The authorities behind the BMW Championships should be held to account. The scoring has been ridiculous. Every player under par and over half of the field double figures under. Two guys 27 under. Its not a test. Lowry was honest at least, saying it was far too easy.

Held to account! For what, and by who?

They all played the same course, and it provided plenty of exciting golf and a great finish.

Lowry complaining it was too easy is comical. He finished 14 shots behind the eventual winner.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Held to account! For what, and by who?

They all played the same course, and it provided plenty of exciting golf and a great finish.

Lowry complaining it was too easy is comical. He finished 14 shots behind the eventual winner.
I don't think Lowry was complaining, he was just stating a fact about the course and it's set up.

This week was a rarity and a bun fight. It was a bit like widening the goals in the PL for a week. Actually, that might be good fun to try ?

BiMGuy

Visit site
I don't think Lowry was complaining, he was just stating a fact about the course and it's set up.

This week was a rarity and a bun fight. It was a bit like widening the goals in the PL for a week. Actually, that might be good fun to try ?

I enjoyed watching some of the best in the world in 'full send it' mode. I wouldn't want to watch it every week. Just like I enjoy watching level par win the US Open, but don't want to watch that every week.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Dunhill Links is coming up in a month's time and I got an email this morning saying that admission is still free to spectators (except on the final day) but this year you have to book tickets - just got mine for each day at Carnoustie so I can nip down to watch a bit of the action.

Brads

Visit site
Whats the format for the Dunhill ?. Each player plays a day at each course to qualify for Sunday ?

Sorry for what's probably a stupid question, but I've actually never spectated at a game and fancied Carnoustie on Sat

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Whats the format for the Dunhill ?. Each player plays a day at each course to qualify for Sunday ?

Sorry for what's probably a stupid question, but I've actually never spectated at a game and fancied Carnoustie on Sat
Yes that's pretty much it - I'm normally photographing it so pretty much go where the big names are but I'm just going to watch this year and Carnoustie is just down the road so that's where I've got tickets.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
thanks for the heads up. just booked Kingsbarns on the saturday for us
It's a lottery as to where the biggish stars (Tommy Fleetwood and Tony Finau come to mind this year) are each day - I'll be at Carnoustie on Saturday morning because I have to be in Perth to photograph football in the afternoon but I'm not expecting the stars to be there that day. Kingsbarns is beautiful on a nice day, might be my favourite course to photograph golf on - while it's a decent course to watch golf at though there are bits of it you can't see from the best angles as a spectator.

peld

Visit site
It's a lottery as to where the biggish stars (Tommy Fleetwood and Tony Finau come to mind this year) are each day - I'll be at Carnoustie on Saturday morning because I have to be in Perth to photograph football in the afternoon but I'm not expecting the stars to be there that day. Kingsbarns is beautiful on a nice day, might be my favourite course to photograph golf on - while it's a decent course to watch golf at though there are bits of it you can't see from the best angles as a spectator.
to be honest ill just be ogling the course!
it'll be the wife and kids first golf tourney, and with the weather dodgy, even if we spend a few hours getting fresh air it'll be good (and maybe see a celeb or two)

BiMGuy

Visit site
Free relief from a temporary movable obstruction? Get out. That tee shot was off the planet.