2021 Professional Golf Thread

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watching the European Masters, it is utterly hypnotic. Just beautiful. The course, the surroundings, the sun is shining. Fabulous.

If I ever start writing a golfing bucket list this course is going straight on it ?.
Been lucky enough to have had 2 golf holidays there and 4 skiing holidays. My brother has been going every year for over 35 years. It is truly magical but mouth watering expensive

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been lucky enough to have had 2 golf holidays there and 4 skiing holidays. My brother has been going every year for over 35 years. It is truly magical but mouth watering expensive
I thought that might be the case, it is Switzerland after all. I'm not worried though, my numbers are going to come up any week now ??

D

Deleted member 18588

I did a massive double take - I thought Rory was doing well when I stopped watching and had to look up the PGA site to see what went wrong! :LOL:

But I can see the WR interpretation too once you mentioned it.

I did a similar double take when I heard on commentary that Rory wasn't even in the top 15 of the OWGR.

Just shows how quickly a player can fall (or rise) when so many are closely bunched and there is no one "stand out" like Tiger in his pomp.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
McIlroy is currently not top 10, lying 16th.
Ithink hes
I've skied over the valley in Grimentz, but never Crans. It's a fabulous part of the world. Self catered, so just about doable for a normal person.
Out of curiosity, how much distance did the altitude make to the club selections? I guess the course is at about 1600m.

D

Deleted member 18588

I was referring to tournament leaderboard, I know he’s dropped out of top 10 WR but I’d still consider Rory one of the best out there if a little off form.

I would like to agree with you but 7 years without a Major and not really contended much in those events makes me fear that it is rather more than just being off form.

Hope I'm wrong.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've skied over the valley in Grimentz, but never Crans. It's a fabulous part of the world. Self catered, so just about doable for a normal person.
Out of curiosity, how much distance did the altitude make to the club selections? I guess the course is at about 1600m.[/QUOTE
Remember hitting a 5 wood for my 2nd shot on 14th and going through the back OB, Andy Sullivan was interviewed today about the attitude and he said they just use the distance in M's as what it would be in yards so about 10 % increase in distance .
Good skiing at Crans, reputed to be one of the sunniest resorts in the Alps.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
next you'll be telling me the written press werent applauding the fans cheering him hit it in the water yesterday :)

where are you watching?
Nah, can't tell you that ?

Me, I'm in darkest Oxfordshire - but my tablet device thinks it's in Asia ??
Golf channel commentary I think.