2021 NFL Season

D

Deleted member 3432

Go Chiefs, incredible finish to the game.

Another QB shootout to look forward to next week.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Brady was saying all the positive stuff last night that you would expect. But it is not a decision you make on the night of a tough playoff loss.
He has one year left on his contract which is base salary only so no cap effect to the team- same with Gronk. If one goes, the other will.

This might sound strange but I now have no interest in the rest of the season - once the Bucs are out, it's the NHL and MLB for me.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
No you have to call run there. The Bucs are out of timeouts and you can take it down to 1:20 remaining before punting inside the Buc 20. 40 seconds = 6 plays in a hurry-up offense. You cannot assume your back will fumble.
It was sonething I was shouting from about 5 minutes gone in the second half. The changed their play style to linit mistakes and takeaways but forgot they needed to keep scoring points. That's the bit that killed me. I know you can't plan for fumbles BUT they shouldn't have needed to if they had let the ball go in Q3 to keep the scoreboard moving.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Caught all the Chiefs v Bills highlights! WOW! JUST WOW!!! looks like one of the greatest games ever played. The whole weekend was just spectacular!

was a stunning game, planned to watch the first quarter and ended up staying up till overtime was done, felt like watching a highlights reel at the end! :)

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was a magnificent game, however, as a bills fan i am totally ruined. Just squib kick the ball, take a couple secs off the clock! OT needs a rethink too I believe.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The level of stupidity being shown by some Buc fans on social media in the last 24 hours is simply breathtaking. They are accusing the NFL of deliberately putting a referee in charge who has a grudge against the Bucs the same as his father did when he was an official. That calls made perfectly within the rules were actually biased and only made to ensure the Bucs did not repeat as champions. Social media has unfortunately given too many people a mouthpiece when they should not be left alone with a computer without adult supervision.

Oh well - some of them are still complaining about a 100% correct call from the 1999 NFC Championship game being wrong and also fixed against the team. Perhaps they can spend the next month wondering if Tom Brady will return for another season. I've had to kick nearly a dozen out of the BUCPOWER Facebook account I run for things they were posting yesterday.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It was a magnificent game, however, as a bills fan i am totally ruined. Just squib kick the ball, take a couple secs off the clock! OT needs a rethink too I believe.

I do understand the overtime issues but football is a two-way sport and you have to be able to stop a team. If you allow a team to go the length of the field and score a touchdown, perhaps that is enough.
The Buffalo fanbase is definitely one of the four most tortured in the NFL along with Minnesota, Cleveland and Detroit. Having experienced the euphoria of a Super Bowl victory in person, I can only console you that the wait is worth it when it finally does happen. And you have the QB, coach, front office and ownership to make it happen in Upstate New York.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do understand the overtime issues but football is a two-way sport and you have to be able to stop a team. If you allow a team to go the length of the field and score a touchdown, perhaps that is enough.
The Buffalo fanbase is definitely one of the four most tortured in the NFL along with Minnesota, Cleveland and Detroit. Having experienced the euphoria of a Super Bowl victory in person, I can only console you that the wait is worth it when it finally does happen. And you have the QB, coach, front office and ownership to make it happen in Upstate New York.

Would it not be fair to allow both sides the chance to score though ?
If a teams defence is gassed after 60 minutes of play, is it right to allow the team that has first posession that advantage.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The overtime issue has been going on for years - and always comes up after a game like this. They did change the rules a few years ago to allow a team a possession if the others had kicked a fieldgoal on their first possession. Until then it was first score wins. The college system of each team going from the 25-yard line is just mad with teams each scoring four or five times in a row.

NFL rule changes come about each off-season. There is a committee of former players, former and current coaches, owners and select media who get together to look at potential issues. Some rules have been brought in and then removed (challenging pass interference penalties for example).

My own view is yes each team should have at one possession and then next score wins. I remember talking about this two or three times on air when I worked for Sky Sports nearly 20 years ago. Nick Halling and I were always in agreement so Big Kev had to take the alternate view even though he agreed with us.

But it was a group decision to have the overtime rules as they are now and accepted by all 32 teams. It is always the fanbase who have been hard done by who scream the loudest.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sean Payton is leaving the Saints. He must have another job lined up. I had to interview him when he was QB of the Leicester Panthers in the British League in 1987. He was an *** then too and hasn't changed.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Sean Payton is leaving the Saints. He must have another job lined up. I had to interview him when he was QB of the Leicester Panthers in the British League in 1987. He was an *** then too and hasn't changed.

Wonder how many people on here played the game. Me I had a couple of seasons with Mansfield express. Happy days.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There were loads of really great people in the British League - I called a few finals over the years including one at Crystal Palace when I spent ages talking to someone I thought was one of the coaches and it was Jermaine Jackson, only finding out when he excused himself to sing the anthems. Payton was just a nob the entire year there. Don't think I ever covered a Mansfield game though. The biggest nob ever in the history of the British game was Victor Ebubedike or Victor X Mohammed as he changed his name to. Long story but me calling him a dick and walking off with a TV crew to interview someone else actually got me an exclusive with the Fridge, William Perry in 1995.

I called Payton to Dallas on a podcast about two months ago.

Tashyboy

Visit site
There were loads of really great people in the British League - I called a few finals over the years including one at Crystal Palace when I spent ages talking to someone I thought was one of the coaches and it was Jermaine Jackson, only finding out when he excused himself to sing the anthems. Payton was just a nob the entire year there. Don't think I ever covered a Mansfield game though. The biggest nob ever in the history of the British game was Victor Ebubedike or Victor X Mohammed as he changed his name to. Long story but me calling him a dick and walking off with a TV crew to interview someone else actually got me an exclusive with the Fridge, William Perry in 1995.

I called Payton to Dallas on a podcast about two months ago.

Was he a running back ? I went to a British final at QPRs ground many years ago. One of the teams being the Birmingham Bulls. Could I be wrong in thinking he played. Anyway. Mansfield we’re quite proud that they were one of the best teams that never had a single American play for them. We were on for winning the divisional title one of the years I played. We fell short against the West Brom fireballs In the final game. A few players from Black Country nailers, Stoke spitfires etc turned up.After the game they asked if we realised West Brom had playes a few “ ringers” from Birmingham Bulls.
by far and away the two toughest games I played in.
USAF BASE Mildenhall. They were a fantastic set of lads. Battered us about 48 -3. They said if the officers had been allowed to play they would of scored over 100 points. Apparently the officers were pilots and had been to the best universities in the USA. IT was the first time I had seen proper strapping and bandages applied to ankles,knees wrists etc. They were that kind they strapped up my knee.
Why my knee. A couple of months earlier we played an Hawaiian alumini team. They were bloody animals on the pitch. Gentlemen off it. Think 6 times all pro, ex canadian league players. Just brutal. We lost 80 odd nil. We had got to know the lads really well and mentioned Nottingham hoods had nigh on insisted they have a crack against them as the game was played at Nottingham Forest football ground.When they went on the Hawaiian lads knew Nottingham had turned up because the volume went up in the stadium. The Hawaiians raised there game for 10 mins and battered them. The Hawiaians first PAT. It sailed straight through the posts, over the roof of the Trent end and straight into the river Trent. We had played less than a minute. The Hawiains were asked not to kick after that as we would have no balls left. Every touchdown was followed by two points with the ball being run in.
Me I lasted one play in that game. During a tackle on a wide receiver my knee was bent backwards and sideways. The pain was immense.6 weeks it cost me off work.
Happy days.

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wonder how many people on here played the game. Me I had a couple of seasons with Mansfield express. Happy days.

Played 3 or 4 seasons for the Oxford Saints in the early-mid 90's.
OLB, WR and Special Teams.
Played alongside Steve Connor who previously played for the Bears & Rams.
We won the BAFL Division 2 title one season.
Motorbike accident put a premature end to my playing "career".

Even at 50 years old, I still miss playing so much and would love to "pad up" for one last game.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Played 3 or 4 seasons for the Oxford Saints in the early-mid 90's.
OLB, WR and Special Teams.
Played alongside Steve Connor who previously played for the Bears & Rams.
We won the BAFL Division 2 title one season.
Motorbike accident put a premature end to my playing "career".

Even at 50 years old, I still miss playing so much and would love to "pad up" for one last game.

I have a good pal who is 58/59 Years old. He has played rugby all his life. Still follows the local team. I had a beer with him a Couple of weeks ago. He was on about how he reads the game so well. He played a couple of days before we met up. He read the game well but his legs couldn’t keep up. He said he felt a tit with these young uns blasting past him ??
I miss it, but me body has gone. ?