2020 Professional Golf Thread

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Excellent win for Laird. He was a junior at my old club. Left well before I joined though ?.
Seems funny that the winner of a run-of-the-mill event on the PGA tour gets more than the winner of the European tour flagship event. Just shows the riches and lure of golf in the US.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Really good looking course this week at Shadow Creek, hard to believe this is on the middle of the desert (well Vegas anyway), know a few guys who have played it and all raved about it

Was going to post the same thing; if I ever get back to Vegas I'm playing it. There's some great photos here, including one of something I'd never expected to see at a Las Vegas golf course;

http://www.shadowcreek.com

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Was going to post the same thing; if I ever get back to Vegas I'm playing it. There's some great photos here, including one of something I'd never expected to see at a Las Vegas golf course;

http://www.shadowcreek.com

It's only about $700 green fee, so good luck, and also, I think you have to stay in one of their (MGM?) Hotels, and pay for a caddy.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One of the players doing well at Fairmont is a local lad to me, Garrick Porteous. Went to the local school, home club Bamburgh, which a number on here have played. Top amateur career, turned pro under the Chubby Chandler management team but it just hasn't happened for him. Now 30 and close to the last chance saloon to make it. Had a decent result earlier in the year but a high finish today, currently 2nd, could give him his card for next year. Hopefully he will have another good day tomorrow and it will be the launch pad he needs.