2017 Aims #questfor20

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A little improvement in all facets of my game particularly setup, wedge play and course management. Currently committed to a long term improvement plan and it's progressing well.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've just thought about this (on the blog if you are an insomniac) and decided the way to improve over the winter at the range is to be more meticulous with practice and recording my statistics. Hopefully this will make the practice more structured and with more purpose and I can see which areas are getting better which aren't and then tailor my winter lessons appropriately.

I have to be honest it wasn't my idea and is something I've borrowed from Peter Finch and his Quest for the Open vlogs and having spoken to him at Camberley. It's early days for my practice and recording the details and after a rough golfing year my first aim is to get back to 12 where I was at the start of 2016. From that point I'll look to kick on again, hopefully all next year but if not then in 2018

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've just thought about this (on the blog if you are an insomniac) and decided the way to improve over the winter at the range is to be more meticulous with practice and recording my statistics. Hopefully this will make the practice more structured and with more purpose and I can see which areas are getting better which aren't and then tailor my winter lessons appropriately.

I have to be honest it wasn't my idea and is something I've borrowed from Peter Finch and his Quest for the Open vlogs and having spoken to him at Camberley. It's early days for my practice and recording the details and after a rough golfing year my first aim is to get back to 12 where I was at the start of 2016. From that point I'll look to kick on again, hopefully all next year but if not then in 2018

This is exactly what I am thinking.

My practice recently has become more focused and about the flight rather than the distance.

I start with an 8 iron now (my favorite iron) work down to my 6 iron.. 3/5 balls with each depending what size bucket.. hit couple with my 4H, and with the 5w and 3w. after this I will go back up the set and go 9i. PW, 46, 50, 54, 58. Finally finishing off with my driver.. however if I really nail the drive I will leave the session there.. End on a high. same with most clubs.. if on the 2nd shot I hit a peach I will go right and move onto the next one trying to take that flight with me.

I have different exercises to work on aswell (like play an imaginary round or pick a green and try and hit 3 short irons, 3 long irons and then 3 drives and score them) however right now its getting the new path bedded in for next few weeks.. nail the draw

D

Deleted member 21258

My goals for 2017 are the same as 2016 :-

1) Play as much as I can and then a little bit more
2) Have fun and laugh about it
3) You can only play one shot at a time and the next shot will be my best shot ever

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
This is exactly what I am thinking.

My practice recently has become more focused and about the flight rather than the distance.

I start with an 8 iron now (my favorite iron) work down to my 6 iron.. 3/5 balls with each depending what size bucket.. hit couple with my 4H, and with the 5w and 3w. after this I will go back up the set and go 9i. PW, 46, 50, 54, 58. Finally finishing off with my driver.. however if I really nail the drive I will leave the session there.. End on a high. same with most clubs.. if on the 2nd shot I hit a peach I will go right and move onto the next one trying to take that flight with me.

I have different exercises to work on aswell (like play an imaginary round or pick a green and try and hit 3 short irons, 3 long irons and then 3 drives and score them) however right now its getting the new path bedded in for next few weeks.. nail the draw

I was using mygripzone.com which has some great practice drills and a chance to record all your practice stats via the mobile phone app. I got a printed practice booklet as well with the drills in and after my first year subs for the premium package expired I'm now simply taking my own notepad, recording the numbers and then adding them to my own Excel spreadsheet.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was using mygripzone.com which has some great practice drills and a chance to record all your practice stats via the mobile phone app. I got a printed practice booklet as well with the drills in and after my first year subs for the premium package expired I'm now simply taking my own notepad, recording the numbers and then adding them to my own Excel spreadsheet.

Cheers for this homer I think I'll download this asap..

my mate whos off 11 keeps saying I'm gonna get cut next year with the work I have put in but it's so hard in the society to be cut you have to score 36 or above points so an off day and u won't get a chance again for another month

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
2017 aims for me is to be fit enough to be able to walk around a golf course and to just play golf ,i have had two rounds this year and neither was pretty as im so rusty.