1st March....Spring is here!

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I reckon it will be about 10 more days before the snow clears around here. I will have to find something to do, don't even fancy going to the range.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Lousy weather in Berkshire and a nightmare drive home and doesn't feel anywhere like Spring. Even if the snow stops tomorrow or Saturday we'll be waiting for the thaw to set in and the course to become playable. Even then it'll be incredibly wet. Roll on flaming June

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They closed the entire club at 3pm this afternoon with a note that it will be open tomorrow (me thinks not looking out the window).

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Current weather aside - Why on earth can't we put the clocks forward Now.
We'd still be getting sunrise before 8am and light until past 7pm. Just seems pointless waiting another 4 weeks

Whos in charge of these kind of things, is there someone I can speak to about this? :mmm:

There was vote taken in parliament a few years back to stop all the clock changing nonsense. Nearly everybody who voted agreed. Trouble was there were not enough MPS who bothered to turn up to make it law.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do you have specific dates for all the seasons?

I tend to go straightforward like D4S.

It’s generally the 21st of the month but it can move, it’s to do the Earth’s position to the Sun, Winter begins on the Winter Solstice, Spring begins on the March Equinox, Summer the Summer Solstice and Autumn the September Equinox.

It’s definitely not Spring here yet, it was -6.5 on my dashboard this evening!

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Ta.
Was -6 yesterday and today but no ice on the windscreen & windows. That dry cold you often have in the Alps etc. rather than the usual damp cold we have here.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ta.
Was -6 yesterday and today but no ice on the windscreen & windows. That dry cold you often have in the Alps etc. rather than the usual damp cold we have here.

We’ve had that for a couple of weeks now, on Monday & Tuesday this week it was -13 when I got in the car and didn’t need to scrape ice off the windscreen!

Also for the same reason -13 didn’t seem to feel as cold as -1 or -2 in the damp cold in the UK

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Current weather aside - Why on earth can't we put the clocks forward Now.
We'd still be getting sunrise before 8am and light until past 7pm. Just seems pointless waiting another 4 weeks

Whos in charge of these kind of things, is there someone I can speak to about this? :mmm:

I just had a massive flashback reading that.......

I miss Delc.....

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Try being friends on facebook then. Brexit all day every day :(

I unfriended him for that reason, and going on about the witch, he just goes on and on and on.....2blue's pretty close to being blackballed also, bloody petitions everywhere! :lol:

also, who cares about the Scottish, other than them that live there. Let them have there own time, +/- 1 or 2 hours whatever the poison dwarf wants.

In a few years we'll be playing in shorts at Christmas and sledging in May/June :mmm:

It's climate change, were all doomend, doomed I tell thee......:rofl:

Last edited: