1st cruise.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Went on my first cruise for 12 days and came back Monday. Did Stockholm, Copenhagen, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn and Visby. Had a fantastic time and the weather was brilliant.

however I am now off work with a chest infection, having spoken to a few people, there has been quite a few people who have come back from there cruise jols picking up a few ailments..

for the record, the day before we went on the cruise we had an email which said there has been an outbreak of novo virus on the previous voyage. The staff really did a fantastic job of cleaning the ship.

anyone else picked up anything whilst on a cruise.

ps would deffo cruise again.

oh ah I should be playin in an open comp at horsley lodge Sunday and ave had to drop out. Gutted

Last edited:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Went on my first cruise for 12 days and came back Monday. Did Stockholm, Copenhagen, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn and Visby. Had a fantastic time and the weather was brilliant.

however I am now off work with a chest infection, having spoken to a few people, there has been quite a few people who have come back from there cruise jols picking up a few ailments..

for the record, the day before we went on the cruise we had an email which said there has been an outbreak of novo virus on the previous voyage. The staff really did a fantastic job of cleaning the ship.

oh ah I should be playin in an open comp at horsley lodge Sunday and ave had to drop out. Gutted

yes but she made me promise not to say to anyone in case her husband and boyfriend found out....and the captain:rolleyes:

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Cruises are notorious for minor complaints, it only takes one person to have a stomach complaint and it spreads like wildfire.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I could be wrong but I must of been one of the youngest on there at 51 yr old. Met some belting folk though. Both travellers and staff.

stockholm is a stunning city to travel into via a cruise ship. Thousands of Islands you pass.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've done a few cruises and never had any illness. The last two have been with Cunard and they have alcohol hand cleaner every where.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It wasn't with Fred Olsen was it? They had a lot of problems on the Boudicca last year and couldn't quite eradicate it.

Try going to warmer climes like the Med or Caribbean as there tend to be fewer infections doing the rounds.

We have done six cruises now and have not had any problems.

Tashyboy

Visit site
No it was royal Caribbean, the hygiene on the ship was fantastic (from the staff) but some of the passengers personal hygiene, when using the toilets was a bit well poor. Strange thing is the weather was glorious, (28 degrees in most ports and at sea) so lord knows how I got it. Proper screwed up me golf.

captains day next Saturday and as reigning champ al be gutted if I cannot play.

brucie bonus was going under the wide belt bridge? In Denmark. Third widest span bridge in the world. Goin under at night was jaw dropping.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No it was royal Caribbean, the hygiene on the ship was fantastic (from the staff) but some of the passengers personal hygiene, when using the toilets was a bit well poor. Strange thing is the weather was glorious, (28 degrees in most ports and at sea) so lord knows how I got it. Proper screwed up me golf.

captains day next Saturday and as reigning champ al be gutted if I cannot play.

brucie bonus was going under the wide belt bridge? In Denmark. Third widest span bridge in the world. Goin under at night was jaw dropping.

Royal Caribbean are who we always go with as well so you must have been unlucky. Which ship were you on?

Tashyboy

Visit site
Brilliance of the seas, I was really impressed drinks were a bit expensive. But having said that I never hammered it.

just read today of some poor kid found unconscious in the pool on independence of the seas, hope he's ok.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
HID keeps going on about cruises and I like the concept but hear so many horror stories from people in work and in the media I'm not convinced. Mind you looking at the personal hygiene of some of the people around the hospital (thankfully not the staff, well 99% of them) I can see how D&V and other bugs get around so easily despite the attempts by staff to keep wards infection free

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Brilliance of the seas, I was really impressed drinks were a bit expensive. But having said that I never hammered it.

just read today of some poor kid found unconscious in the pool on independence of the seas, hope he's ok.

Went round the Med on the Brilliance and found it a bit cramped, especially the corridors where the shops are. Next time you want to go on one of their bigger ships with a royal promenade and you will notice the difference.

We went on the Oasis in 2010 and although there were 6.000 passengers on it you had more space and things to do than on any other ship we have been on. The Oasis is in Europe for the first time this year and is well worth a journey on.

It is not the first time that kids have been found unconscious, or worse in the pools and their life guard policy should be seriously reviewed.