18 Pars In A Round, in a Major...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Shanshan Feng has done exactly this yesterday in the Womens PGA Championship. Not only did she do this she hit 18/18 greens and regulation and 2 putted every hole.
Wow, haha. In a way she was probably disappointed with that? 36 putts is quite high for a pro I'd have thought. Cheers for the info!

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site
Wow, haha. In a way she was probably disappointed with that? 36 putts is quite high for a pro I'd have thought. Cheers for the info!

Yeah I didn't watch any of it I just saw it on twitter this morning. I'd be interested to know how it came, did she just never hit it close enough for a reasonable hope of birdie? Or did she miss a few make-able putts?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah I didn't watch any of it I just saw it on twitter this morning. I'd be interested to know how it came, did she just never hit it close enough for a reasonable hope of birdie? Or did she miss a few make-able putts?
Over 18 holes I'm sure there must have been a bit of both! Some good two putts from the edge, some birdie putts missed.

I told my mate about this and it's given him renewed confidence to keep making the bet in men's majors. :LOL: