148th Open Championship

D

Deleted member 3432

Trying to figure what Bob McIntyre won for tied 6th.

4 players on 6th equal. So do they add the prize money for places 6,7,8,9 and then equal share it for the 4 players ($313,000) or do they all get the stated 6th place prize of $389,000?
277,950 euros

D

Deleted member 21258

Great to see Lowry win and a great final round given the conditions for some of it. One of the better rounds from the final groupings.

Royal Portrush, thought it is one of the best looking open venues for watching on the telly and shown links golf in all its splendour and also the harshness. Great looking at and watching on telly.

Hope it returns soon to there.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Probably will get overlooked because he wasn't really in contention, but what a fantastic final round from Finau. In the same horrendous conditions as the leaders, only made two bogeys and finished level par for the day. Cracking effort that was. One of the few Americans who seemed to handle it well. Probably because he had that hood to keep the worst of the rain off. :ROFLMAO: (Although I don't think he actually put it up.)
I saw his top and thought of your thread :D. Ironically, you are right, he never actually put the hood up so it served no purpose other than fashion. I would have thought it would be quite irritating having the hood flapping around in that wind.

Cracking round from him, he really does look good at times and come across very well when interviewed. A bloke who smiles when he plays, I like that.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I saw his top and thought of your thread :D. Ironically, you are right, he never actually put the hood up so it served no purpose other than fashion. I would have thought it would be quite irritating having the hood flapping around in that wind.

Cracking round from him, he really does look good at times and come across very well when interviewed. A bloke who smiles when he plays, I like that.
Yeah he's one of the good guys. And the hood looked snug enough that it wouldn't flap about, it just kind of sat on his neck so would have been ok. :cool:

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Fabulous week of golf, congratulations to all involved and the successful delivery of the tournament. Amazing course and a good test for these golfers - the skill to get close to the pin when chipping or putting is truly tested. I spent about 3 to 4 hours watching the 13th and 17th greens on Friday, only a few managed to get within 3ft of the pin when off the green which meant alot were having to make lengthy putts for par (13th) or their birdies (17th). The headlines may have been dominated by McIlroy on Thursday (doh!) and Friday (he's a one man football club with how people react to him), but it may have been a blessing to allow Lowry the stage to shine and receive the support he received. Well deserved and arguably had the worst of the conditions, and he had the full support of everybody there - another name added to Fred, Padraig, Graeme, Darren, Rory and now Shane.