1 week to go until clocks!

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
The question is...

How's everyone's courses holding up? We're still very very wet! Maybe I'm getting a little excited about golf after work a bit early?

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Our course opened to full greens for the first time yesterday, given how the weather has been it was remarkably dry, unfortunately, looking at the weather for the next few days I suspect we'll be back on a winter course again.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The question is...

How's everyone's courses holding up? We're still very very wet! Maybe I'm getting a little excited about golf after work a bit early?

Standing water on the course last week in places which has become a rarity as we did a lot of drainage work with the money we got from Red Bull. I guess all the melting snow and subsequent rain took its toll. Still fully open at the moment despite more rain last night. Already getting to the point where I could do an hour after work, but with the clock change imminent it feels like the season is really starting. If only someone can let the weather know

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
bone dry here, were are due back on the full course without restriction on Monday.

But forecaste for the next few days is cold. was pretty windy and cold here today and its only due to get colder. we will miss the snow that's due though.

pretty light here already in the evening once they change will be able to have a full round after work as its still light at 7 at the moment

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
most of my mid week golf will be in the morning, so the clock change will hurt me for a little bit. Looking forward to the longer days though!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Mine was just playable for a team comp on Sunday but closed today. 5 club comp on Sunday but snow forecast in deepest Kent

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Bone dry, and the fairways are browning a little. The greens are like glass... and it was a shorts day again yesterday.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We were shut today because the course is sodden.

Comp on Sunday already cancelled...

It's not been a good winter for golf in East Herts.

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Medal postponed again to next week; as was the pairs comp this weekend. As Pendodave says, not been a good winter for golf in South Essex either.

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've been able to play Golf after work since the end of January. :D

The clocks going forward an hour just means the course is now going to be busier and I won't have the place to myself. :angry:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Today, we're open with 11 temps......
The place will be absolutely sodden.
It's not recovered from the snow a couple of weeks ago and the resultant melt water plus the additional rain.
After this weekend there looks like being a week of dry weather so, maybe, by April it will be playing normally.
Highly frustrating.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Course will be wet and unpleasant, has been for a while now. At least the hour will give me a chance of a sneaky nine holes after work rather than everything being dependent on the weather at the weekend.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ditto what everyone else has said (about it being s h one t). Weather forecast still bad. On a plus note, one of the clubs I will be joining next year is fully open!!!!, albeit on boggy ground.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another hour before the early morning light wakes me up (yeh).

Changes on the golf course

1st April all the winter members have to have decide whether or not to become full members so less pressure on the morning tee slots.

1st May is when we allow earlier starting so there is less pressure on morning tee times.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Course closed today due to flooding, though it's a hideous day and you'd need to be insane to play anyway.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Glorious day down here.
Sun's out, even feels a little warm..
Should dry the course to a playable condition.....just in time for it rain and snow overnight and putnit right back where it is now.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Ours has been really really nice for the past week or so. Reasonably dry, regular greens open and in good condition (if yet a bit slow). Could all change again tonight, though, because if I trust the weather forecast, we have a cold front with more snow coming through. :eek:oo: