1 week to go until clocks!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Great lol we got some holes on the duchess afters so fingers crossed that will be ok

duchess usually drains pretty well, you'll get plenty of dry lies in the trees (if youre on the fairway youre better than me :) )

if you use twitter search for daniel grieve he posted a yesterday and today pic from woburn!

D

Deleted member 15344

The new drainage on the Duchess is very good - Course was dry during the week.

It was Open today early as the snow wasn’t too bad but further snow this evening won’t help

Wouldn’t want to go near the Marquess for a about a month and some good dry weather - it’s going to a mess

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
duchess usually drains pretty well, you'll get plenty of dry lies in the trees (if youre on the fairway youre better than me :) )

if you use twitter search for daniel grieve he posted a yesterday and today pic from woburn!

Just checked it’s the dukes we get the second round on, shame we played duchess 3 years ago. Dukes 2 years ago but I preferred the duchess

Then again.. after 18 on the marquess .. where the Golf will Be serious will be fun to have a go at that par 3 on the dukes again without fear as score wont count for anything

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It was Open today early as the snow wasn’t too bad but further snow this evening won’t help

Wouldn’t want to go near the Marquess for a about a month and some good dry weather - it’s going to a mess

Looks like those Galvin Green trousers will see the full 18 Wednesday then

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Did you get to play. Absolutely freezing out there and some snow lying meant we were shut and not too far from the Drift. If you played how bad was it out there
Yep, it was absolutely freezing. Also very wet underfoot. Club heads were icing up, went to wipe mud off and it wouldn't budge. I was so glad to see the clubhouse as we came down the 18th.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Just got the message that the events cancelled

Got to say I’m delighted ... I’d rather play in a months time

Plenty of dry courses I can play around here or go in the indoor golf sim near my mate for an afternoon

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yep, it was absolutely freezing. Also very wet underfoot. Club heads were icing up, went to wipe mud off and it wouldn't budge. I was so glad to see the clubhouse as we came down the 18th.

Brave to get all the way round. Never seen clubs ice up before and likely to have headed in if they happened. Not my idea of fun. Took some pictures of the snow at the club at lunchtime and lost the feeling in my hands and I was only out there a few minutes and wind chill was scarily cold. No way I'd spend four hours in those conditions

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
...as I stare out at a snow-covered world the anticipation of light evenings for a quick few holes after work has been somewhat put on ice (sorry)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Four hours would have been welcome, we started at midday and didn't finish until just after 5 (with a 10 minute break in the warm halfway hut). Apart from the golf society there wasn't a single person out on the course. Never again.

I could perhaps cope with five hours in the summer with good company, but not in sub zero wind chill like that. That sounds grim. How long was the front nine. Would have been tempted to stay in the halfway hut

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
that cancellation of woburn has turned into a massive result

first of all the event gets cancelled.. so we decide 7 of us to go to panshanger (nice winter course...) £16.50 bargain

second the events been moved to august so beautiful weather to be expected or least decent soil

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

first of all the event gets cancelled.. so we decide 7 of us to go to panshanger (nice winter course...) £16.50 bargain

second the events been moved to august so beautiful weather to be expected or least decent soil

great result that. depending on when in August expect you will be on Duchess/Marquess as they have the seniors master on the Dukes at the end of the month

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site

I played the Dukes and Duchess last year in May and it was in perfect condition. You're in for a treat - a cracking venue. The Woburn Hotel is fantastic too.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
ah ok, seniors isnt until right at the end of the month, should be in great condition then still

We got a right touch. Because there was 21 of us that’s £3000 worth of cash not to mention what we buy from the bar afters not coming Wednesday so they let us keep the price for the summer by looks

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
can't wait...yesterday evening well after 6pm it was plenty light enough to play - give me an hour and a half and I'll be to club and back with 9holes played in between.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
can't wait...yesterday evening well after 6pm it was plenty light enough to play - give me an hour and a half and I'll be to club and back with 9holes played in between.

Was thinking the same myself, 6:40 last night there was still enough light to be coming up the 9th at my place. Looking forward to next week already.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
that cancelation at woburn definitely was worth it.. you would not even know it snowed in panshanger .. the course was dryer than some courses are all year round! beautiful

beautiful weather aswell, the 7 of us had a cracking game