1 week to go until clocks!

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's pishing down again here in Newcastle, rained heavy yesterday most of the day, was supposed to be off today to play, but decided against that, checked the course conditions, course down to 12 playable holes and with the rain we now have and that turning to snow overnight with heavy snow showers forecast over the weekend, it looks like I'll not be out on the course for at least another week.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
That's the Outer Hebrides for you!

Not sure that @patrick148 is out in the utterhebridees...that's a different part of Scotland - separate from the mainland ;)

Our track is damp in places but generally just fine and dandy. Looking forward to a few holes in the evening v much.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yellow snow warning and snow forecast for Saturday night into Sunday but bitterly cold tomorrow with strengthening winds and a -6 wind chill predicted. Working tomorrow morning so no longer able to play in the medal. To be honest I'm not going to miss it.. Due to play Monday but fear that's unlikely. Putting practice at best and even then snow dependant. I really feel that with illness, injury etc I really feel like the winter has passed me by and I've done nothing I wanted in preparation for the upcoming season

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I really feel like the winter has passed me by and I've done nothing I wanted in preparation for the upcoming season

Injury and illness aside, I don't think the weather this winter has allowed many to be where they'd like to be. I have more time on my hands than most but it's just been too cold or frozen solid to do anything.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Not sure that @patrick148 is out in the utterhebridees...that's a different part of Scotland - separate from the mainland ;)

Our track is damp in places but generally just fine and dandy. Looking forward to a few holes in the evening v much.

quite a nice sunny day here, but very windy and cold. car said 7 deg which is quite nice for this time of year, but the wind chill prob took that down to 0. not a shorts day with my dodgy knee's, but there was a guy on the course as we were coming down the 18th who was wearing shorts, but then saying that he would still be wearing then in 3 ft of snow.

D

Deleted member 15717

what is woburn marquess drainage like? suppose to be there wednesday

Not great!

Our place is dry as a bone, and greens are superb. Desperately want to play tomorrow...but let’s see what the weather is like when I wake up!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not great!

Our place is dry as a bone, and greens are superb. Desperately want to play tomorrow...but let’s see what the weather is like when I wake up!

We did question why on Earth it was arranged to play Woburn in March 18 holes plus as many as we can after lunch

Should have been saved for like May

D

Deleted member 15344

We did question why on Earth it was arranged to play Woburn in March 18 holes plus as many as we can after lunch

Should have been saved for like May
Because it’s considerably cheaper in March

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Went out for a cheeky 9 at my local, it was like a late spring day. Tomorrow I'm supposed to be playing a golf society day at Drift, it will feel more like mid-winter I suspect.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
First real snow of this winter came in and stuck yesterday, so it looks like it might be April before I actually get to use my membership, which so far has just been a really expensive locker!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Went out for a cheeky 9 at my local, it was like a late spring day. Tomorrow I'm supposed to be playing a golf society day at Drift, it will feel more like mid-winter I suspect.

Did you get to play. Absolutely freezing out there and some snow lying meant we were shut and not too far from the Drift. If you played how bad was it out there