Zero Friction gloves

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Obviously the name is a bit stupid so we can skip past the jokes about zero friction being terrible for a golf glove. :p

But is anyone using one of these? I'm intrigued by their 'one size fits all' policy and wondering if it works well and provides a good fit? I normally wear a medium Footjoy glove. Have tried medium in other gloves and sometimes find that the pinky finger is too long for some reason. But with these Zero Friction gloves they're calling them 'compression' gloves so I guess they are tighter fitting?

https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Zero-Friction-Golf-Gloves.html

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You missed the boat on these.

When they first came out everyone on the board filled their boots with free samples.

I availed of a right and left handed glove and used them successfully in heavy rain for a couple of years till they fell apart.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You missed the boat on these.

When they first came out everyone on the board filled their boots with free samples.

I availed of a right and left handed glove and used them successfully in heavy rain for a couple of years till they fell apart.
Well they're only a tenner, lol. I need a new glove so if they're good I'll give it a go. Are you suggesting they're more of a winter/wet weather glove? Or would they be decent when it gets warmer too?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I only wear a glove in wet weather. Otherwise I dont bother at all.

I can tell you these are pretty good in wet weather.

Comfort wise they are fine. Although some only appreciate the touch of soft cabretta leather on their hands. Lol

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can probably guess I'm not a leather glove man. I just want one that fits nicely, is comfortable, lasts a decent amount of time.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think I am one of those that benefitted from a free one back in the day. From memory I found it very comfortable but it wore quite quickly. I may then have bought one, I'm stretching the memory here, but the same happened again so I have not bothered since. If they are more hard wearing now then I would get another. They were comfy and they have some funky colours.

Let us know how you get on if you get one.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think I am one of those that benefitted from a free one back in the day. From memory I found it very comfortable but it wore quite quickly. I may then have bought one, I'm stretching the memory here, but the same happened again so I have not bothered since. If they are more hard wearing now then I would get another. They were comfy and they have some funky colours.

Let us know how you get on if you get one.
What size glove do you normally wear in other brands? Thinking about it logically, given that they are one size fits all, then the bigger your hand the more quickly I would expect them wear out (due to additional stretching). Not saying you've got giant hands, I'm just curious. :D

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I bought a pair of mac wets yesterday. Not heard a bad word about them. But even though I am a size 8 in gloves I would not buy a pair until I had tried them on. Fortunately macwets do an 8 and 8 1/2. Settled on the 8’s.
looking forward to trying them out. If, big if, me back and ankle settle down over night, they will get christened tomorrow.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I bought a pair of mac wets yesterday. Not heard a bad word about them. But even though I am a size 8 in gloves I would not buy a pair until I had tried them on. Fortunately macwets do an 8 and 8 1/2. Settled on the 8’s.
looking forward to trying them out. If, big if, me back and ankle settle down over night, they will get christened tomorrow.
This post was of no use to me whatsoever. :ROFLMAO:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I had one of the freebies and I certainly wouldn't pay for one of them.

it started to fall apart after 2 or 3 rounds

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I exclusively use them. I have a couple of each colour and match them to my shirt ... whadya mean, OCD? I like them as they have a tee holder attached. I used to use a medium size glove and so it’s probably not surprising that a “one size fits all” works for me. Can’t help with how they might be on a large hand, but they do have some stretch in them, so they might be OK. I find that they last well too, although I don’t stretch them much.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What size glove do you normally wear in other brands? Thinking about it logically, given that they are one size fits all, then the bigger your hand the more quickly I would expect them wear out (due to additional stretching). Not saying you've got giant hands, I'm just curious. :D
I only have smallish hands so a medium does for me in golf gloves. I tend to use Mizuno ones, bought on offer at AG, 2 for £10 or similar. I squeeze the life out of a glove and get close to a full season from one.

I confess to being a bit tight when it comes to buying golf gloves. Daft when you work out the cost per wear but it is ones of those I just can't bring myself to spend much on them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I only have smallish hands so a medium does for me in golf gloves. I tend to use Mizuno ones, bought on offer at AG, 2 for £10 or similar. I squeeze the life out of a glove and get close to a full season from one.

I confess to being a bit tight when it comes to buying golf gloves. Daft when you work out the cost per wear but it is ones of those I just can't bring myself to spend much on them.
I look at it the other and see no real benefit to paying more, haha. In all honesty I can quite happily go back to the Footjoy Weathersof if this Zero Friction one dies a quick death - I was just intrigued to try a 'one size fits all' golf glove really.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got every one I knew to order one in my behalf ?

Tbh I did not rate them.

Moved on the hand to much and ripped quite easily.

I’m not a fan of synthetic gloves tbh though. I’m not the best judge perhaps.

You can normally get three callaway dawn patrol or srixon z star gloves for about 20-23 quid for 3 on deals online

Both are quality and both are leather. I would not bother with a plastic one at those prices

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

Are you expecting rain?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Are you expecting rain?

am not sure Jim but at our place it is wet through, every ball looks like a cream egg once it hits the floor. So it’s clean ball, replace. My warm FJ gloves end up wet so will replace those tomorrow for the wet macs. Had a look on the BBC site for tomorrow and it says 50% chance of rain up til 2pm when I hopefully will be walking off the course.