Your Favorite Ryder Cup Moment?

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
There's a lot to go at, but the clear winner for me has to be Paul Mcginleys winning putt in 2002 at the Belfry.

I only been playing the game for about a year at the time but I watched Brookline in 99 and I think come 2002 I think we felt we needed revenge.
I never thought I could be so drawn in by a golf tournament, it Felt like it was up there with watching your team win the champions league at the time. I've certainly not seen a Ryder cup like 2002 since then.

What's Your Favorite Ryder Cup moment?

T

thecraw

Olazabal remaining dignified while Leonard etc went mad in these disgusting scenes at Brookline.

The man deserved a medal for his sportsmanship and how well he conducted himself. I'd have waded into them with a 4 iron!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Christie O'Conner jnr's 2 iron to 4 feet on the 18th green in the 1989, leading to a win over Fred Couples. Europe halved the Ryder Cup, and retained it because of the win two years earlier.

Iaing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Seve's 3 wood third shot from the fairway bunker on the 18th in the 1983 match.

Seemingly the BBC in its thriftyness reused the tape with this shot on it. :angry:

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Olazabal remaining dignified while Leonard etc went mad in these disgusting scenes at Brookline.

The man deserved a medal for his sportsmanship and how well he conducted himself. I'd have waded into them with a 4 iron!

I can still picture Duval stomping around the green, Snarling and pumping his fists, trying his hardest to work the crowd.

It made 2002 all the sweeter:thup:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Jack Nicklaus conceding Tony Jacklins three footer on the last in 1969, to half the match. Unbelievable sportsmanship in the heat of battle.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Jeez, there's so many...

Ollie's dance
Sam Torrance with his arms out wide
Woosie and DC(?) knocking back pints on the roof at the Belfry
Christie's 2 iron
Faldo's wedge on the 18th at Valderama
Seve on his buggy.
The bow waves in front of Monty's buggy last time.
GMac's putt
Mahan's duff
DC's tee shot on the first weeks after losing his Wife

Take your pick

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hard to pick one but Tigers first tee shot at the K Club landing in the water was pretty special :rofl:

The you have Tigers club (9 iron im sure) getting dropped in the river also at the K Club :rofl:

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Has to be Darren Clarke at the K Club. The reception he got on the first tee, the subsequent drive and finally the tears on the 16th green when he won his singles. The only thing missing was DC sinking the winning putt, Stenson got there by about 60 secs or so.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Has to be Darren Clarke at the K Club. The reception he got on the first tee, the subsequent drive and finally the tears on the 16th green when he won his singles. The only thing missing was DC sinking the winning putt, Stenson got there by about 60 secs or so.

+1.

Slicer30

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hard to pick one but Tigers first tee shot at the K Club landing in the water was pretty special :rofl:

The you have Tigers club (9 iron im sure) getting dropped in the river also at the K Club :rofl:

Ha - my favourite moment by a mile. The surprise on Steve Williams face. Then the look Tiger gave him, similar to the look your da gave you when you let the dog eat your ice cream :)

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For me its Nicklaus speaking at Crenshaw after he lost to Darcy in the singles in 87. The fact that Crenshaw broke his putter in anger on the 6th and putted out with his sand wedge or 1 iron didnt humour Nicklaus (I dont suppose). Crenshaw lost the last to lose 1 down so actually he did quite well!

It would make a good bubble competition!