Your dream four-ball?

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Your dream four-ball?

It’s a classic golf question- if you could have any three playing partners (dead or alive) who would they be?
Just to make it a bit more interesting where would you play your round?

For me:
Tiger-I think you’d have to have the best player of our generation in there.
Big Jack; In his prime, it would be fascinating to compare his game with Tiger’s.
Bill Murray; One of the funniest men on the planet, a golf nut and the star of the best golf film ever made.

Location-Royal Dornoch GC- Away from the hype, a fitting place for any golf game!

muttleee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hmmmm...I would say:

Tiger: I couldn't pass up the chance of a game with the greatest player ever.
Bobby Jones: One of the best swingers of a club - and with hickory shafts. :)
Lee Trevino: He could keep the rest of us entertained with his usual stream of wisecracks.

I think I would play at Augusta - partly so I could have my one and only chance to have a round there and partly so that I could talk to Bobby Jones about how he designed it.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Oh that gets the cogs going! So many possible permutations... will Kate Moss make the final cut, would it be fun to make Monty hole out from 2-ft and watch the smoke fly, could Saddam be tempted out of jail for a quick 9-holes?
Anyway my final line-up:

Seve
Sergio
Natalie Gulbis

Have to take umbrage with Paul09 about Caddyshack... Happy Gilmore is the ultimate golf film...tap tap tappety!

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
ps my four ball (see Gulbis, Big Jack and Seve) would take place at Royal west Norfolk, a truly great golf course and one that breeds some fantastic strikers of the ball!

golfdonkey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Old Course with Faldo, Bobby Jones and Nicklaus.
I'd like to see just how good Jones was at the height of his powers. <font color="orange">

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good job too.

From what can I gather from your bizarre message you'd pass up a game of golf with Tiger to be joined by Cheryl Tweedy. Interesting logic. Maybe you should just go to a Girls Aloud gig instead??

Also, you've failed to leave any room for yourself in the fourball. So I guess you'd just have to catch up with them all in the clubhouse afterwards.

Myself, I'd like to stick with golfers. Tiger would be at the top of my list, then i would pick two from Seve, Ben Hogan, Walter Hagen and Tom Watson.

hogan53

Visit site
a big hello to paul09, top work mate.

my dream four ball undoubtedly would be:

1. faldo - boyhood hero and the greatest british golfer of all time

2. hogan - when jack nicklaus was asked if tiger was the greatest ball striker he had ever seen, his response - "no, ben hogan, easily". added to the fact that he is the only man to win all the major tournaments he played in one single year.

3. bobby jones - the greatest amateur of all time and certainly in the top five golfers in history. his record in the second half of his career was unbelievable.

Shooter_McGavin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Jones
Nicklaus
Woods
Best golfers of their generation-wolud be just incredible to compare and contrast-It would be at St.Andrew's for me but not now-back in Jones' day-pure golf no hype of today and a level playing field for the greatest to compete!