Yes Putting Studio In Southport

peterlav

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi All,

After 25 years of trying, my putting is still abysmal

Has anyone tried the Yes Putting studio in Southport? Does it really work or is it £60 for 90 minutes wasted?

peterlav

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Lag putting, I tend to leave short
Short putts, I miss both left and right
I would rather putt from 6 feet, than 3 feet
I've tried left handed putters, overlap & reverse overlap grips, open/square/closed stances, belly putter, eyes right over the ball at set-up, ball slightly forward in stance. When I make a change I give it 6 months at least and some changes work at first, but gradually end up with the same problems

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you have tried all those changes and are still missing from 3 feet, there must be a fundamental at fault.
It sounds as if you've tinkered with all the periferals of the putting stroke and not found the fault that will still be there when you try all these changes.
Does your lower half move at all when you putt?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't want to butt into what will be very good advice from Bob, but have you tried different lengths and styles of putter?

I love blades, toe down like I believe your XG#9 is, but they feel so wobbly when I take them back like I can't keep them straight. I now have a face balanced putter and find it much easier to keep on line.

Also, I was told the White Hot series of putters had the softest insert Odyssey have made so far, which might have something to do with your lag putting problem if they're always short. It suits me but one mans poison and all that... :)

I wouldn't normally suggest a new club to cure a problem, but it helped me a lot where my putter was concerned. Even better if you can find a shop with an adjustable putter to check length and lie angle.

I'd also never put anyone off a putting lesson.

Back to you Bob, sorry. :eek:

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can tell you the V-Easy does work. ok my putting still needs a lot of work but using the V-easy improved my swing. It's improved my chipping as well. Trouble I'm having is grooving the feel of using the v-easy into my swing but that's down to a lack of practice on my part.