Yellow Pro V1

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looks like Titleist are going to be offering next year's release of the Pro v1 in yellow.

I think I would be genuinely tempted by the yellow release...my previous use of yellow balls showed they are so much easier to see through the air etc, so if you can get over the 'stigma' attached with using a yellow ball, it could be a great addition.

Thoughts?

LINK

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Looks like Titleist are going to be offering next year's release of the Pro v1 in yellow.

I think I would be genuinely tempted by the yellow release...my previous use of yellow balls showed they are so much easier to see through the air etc, so if you can get over the 'stigma' attached with using a yellow ball, it could be a great addition.

Thoughts?

LINK

i don't really ever buy golf balls still have a full stock of Baldricks finds from last year, but would be temped once Rupert is fully trained in ball hunting and starts to find a few.

so won't be rushing to buy any.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
i don't really ever buy golf balls still have a full stock of Baldricks finds from last year, but would be temped once Rupert is fully trained in ball hunting and starts to find a few.

so won't be rushing to buy any.

Train Rupert better....2 Scooby snacks for yellow, one for white 😎

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gone off yellow balls a bit. Had some DX2 Optix in yellow, and they were actually much harder to find on the ground as the yellow looks closer to the green grass than a white ball does. They were useless, lost more of them than ever. Maybe a slightly different tone of yellow to these though.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Until recently Titleist had problems with the colouring of the urethane cover on yellow balls but got there with the new AVX so no surprise to see it released in the prov1 now.

JV24601

Head Pro
Visit site
Yellow balls are an abomination.

Why? Any valid reasons?

I'm not keen on yellow balls and have never used them. Though I wouldn't hesitate if I were to play in icy conditions or with a light cover of snow.
I just don't understand many people's hate of them and would like to know why.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I currently use Titleist Tour Soft in yellow and find it really easy to see as my eyesight ain't what it used to be. Good ball with plenty of feel although the cover does tend to scuff rather quickly.

gazzadi

Medal Winner
Visit site
Premium balls in yellow are hard to find but i prefer them ,played z stars a couple of years ago and loved them. Colour of the ball is mainly snob value, its performance that matters.Support yellow pro vs but will not be buying them as they are a rip off.Z stars all the way and just as good but half price.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
No qualms about playing yellow balls. Have some Srixon Z stars and no problem playing them and easy to follow in flight and to find so if Titleist bring out yellow Pro V's I'd definitely be interested in trying them

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
It's actually a bit strange how much everyone confirms to playing white balls.

Surely makes sense for the most visible colour to be used. And also the colour that is less likely to be mistaken on the course for something else. Inside of a bloody snickers wrapper has filled me with false hope many a day.

D

Deleted member 1147

I tend to get a few yellow balls in winter for when there's snow on the ground or heavy frosts. But I wouldn't fork out for a Pro V1 at that time of year, so they wouldn't be much use for me.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site

Surely makes sense for the most visible colour to be used. And also the colour that is less likely to be mistaken on the course for something else. Inside of a bloody snickers wrapper has filled me with false hope many a day.

I have nothing against different colour balls when other people use them so not snobbery.

But I don't know it just looks wrong when I'm looking down on a coloured ball, a white ball just looks right. It may take me a bit more time.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
I have nothing against different colour balls when other people use them so not snobbery.

But I don't know it just looks wrong when I'm looking down on a coloured ball, a white ball just looks right. It may take me a bit more time.

Gone off yellow balls a bit. Had some DX2 Optix in yellow, and they were actually much harder to find on the ground as the yellow looks closer to the green grass than a white ball does. They were useless, lost more of them than ever. Maybe a slightly different tone of yellow to these though.

I agree with the DX2 yellows, I found if it was little cloudy too they were very difficult to pick up in the air. I think though it is the combination of the shade of yellow and the matt finish that makes them like that.

Older yellow balls were much brighter, and I presume current ones too, although I haven't played with one for ages

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

All of this, been playing Chrome yellow since they came out, and back in my early days the yellow DDH & Dunlop 65i were the ball of choice.

Easier to see in the air, easier to find in the rough, and less chance of a wrong ball situation coming up.

Good to see Titleist get with the programme, though as the Chrome is a better ball I won't be switching.