Wrotham Heath

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like it, 3 holes over the road are weak compared to the rest but it's a fine course and I considered joining there at one stage.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I played it many years back and it was pretty ok. I did feel that many of the holes were a bit close to each other which meant stray balls were flying a bit close

D

Deleted member 23344

Played it once about three years ago, as it was a reciprocal of Shirley Park where my friend is a member. I really liked it. I remember one hole with a narrow fairway with a drop either side, leading to a green several feet down a drop. Really quirky hole.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I remember one hole with a narrow fairway with a drop either side, leading to a green several feet down a drop. Really quirky hole.

That would be the par 5 3rd. If I were a good golfer it would be 3 shots with irons and hope to only 2 putt. Right or left off the tee or 2nd shot and you will have an impossible shot - if you find your ball that is. That's followed by a very tight sharp dogleg right par 4 only about 350 yds but index 1 (for several reasons).

Quirky in places but some quality and tough holes. OK, the 3 holes over the road aren't the best but 18 holes is better than 15 I suppose.

Overall a good heathland course for the area and a good test of golf. Can't comment on winter play as I've only played it in warmer months - watch out for adders though :unsure:

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm not sure I'm keen on a par 5 that plays 7i, 8i, 9i then PW ?

brfcfan

Visit site
Its Ok. Kent is not blessed with great courses tbh (although that may change when Chart Hills is ready). In that immediate area, its better than West malling and is a members course. I find its the members rather than the course that make the experience of being a member worthwhile so give it a go.