Wrotham Heath

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
With the state of courses at the moment, most being shut or playing like a quagmire over the winter months, there's a lot to be said for flexible memberships.
Obviously, the title full member has a nicer "ring" to it, but I can't see the point of paying what equates to over £100.00 a month to have the course virtually unplayable for 4 months of the year.
You might as well go out into the car park in the middle of November and set light to £400.00!!

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I like it, 3 holes over the road are weak compared to the rest but it's a fine course and I considered joining there at one stage.

I’ve yet to play holes “over the road” that are not weak. I played a course this summer that had it, the par3 was good but the other two were a bit bland compared to the rest of the course.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
With the state of courses at the moment, most being shut or playing like a quagmire over the winter months, there's a lot to be said for flexible memberships.
Obviously, the title full member has a nicer "ring" to it, but I can't see the point of paying what equates to over £100.00 a month to have the course virtually unplayable for 4 months of the year.
You might as well go out into the car park in the middle of November and set light to £400.00!!

I’m tempted to go for a flexi membership for this very reason

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I’m tempted to go for a flexi membership for this very reason
The only downsides I can see with most flexible membership schemes is that you can't compete in some of the more "prestigious" club competitions, and some won't allow you to represent the club in matches. Most will allow you to play in regular competitions, and top up your playing "units" if you should be using them up more quickly than you anticipated.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
The only downsides I can see with most flexible membership schemes is that you can't compete in some of the more "prestigious" club competitions, and some won't allow you to represent the club in matches. Most will allow you to play in regular competitions, and top up your playing "units" if you should be using them up more quickly than you anticipated.

Competitions don’t really appeal to me So it’s not an issue if I don’t play in many

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Spoke to the pro, says that the course is closed more than it used to be, mainly due to climate change and a ban on pesticides (worm casting ??) and that Kings Hill is the only course in the area that tend a to open more than most.
Said they are open or closed (do not open the course with a few holes with temps) but they are fully open today.
Hope that he!ps.

Pjwgov

Hacker
Visit site
When I discussed going flexi from full membership with our club manager, he basically told me I can't as it's full. So the club might be losing £1800? that's a lot of cash for 8months golf?

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I like the track, but not sure I would join it. Can't really put a reason against it, but the course is a bit 'small' if that makes any sense? Lots of fiddly little holes and not that many that you stand on the tee and have a woo factor I suppose. Its a good members course from what I'm told and a lot more atmosphere than Kings Hill which is nearby. Kings Hill at £1600 is steep on first imopressions but actually I think its good value as you are almost guanranteed year round golf which is a very rare thing these days.