Wrong teeing ground

sydney greenstreet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was up at my local this morning and found that the white medal tee at the 1st was missing, there was only one at the back and found that a 2 ball in a medal had tee'd off from the yellow as there was no 2nd tee marker they were already at the edge of the green of the 1st, I explained to reception(no committee YET) that if they tee off from the 2nd without rectifying the mistake they are DQ'd. The park Ranger( probably non golfer) said as long as they all tee from the yellows that day then that is fine(yellow aint medal tee's). So input needed please !

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
it's going to be messy.......

quite frankly there's no excuse from the 1st tee (I assume it's not a mile from the clubhouse) and the first game out should have popped back and got a second marker (anything!!!) installed by someone with any implied authority (someone from the pro-shop usually) - job done.

later groups don't know when it went missing...

the actual ruling would be from this decision

11-4b/2
Competitors Estimate Area of Teeing Ground When One Tee-Marker Missing

Q.In stroke play, competitors in a group, finding one tee-marker missing from a teeing ground, determine for themselves the area of the teeing ground based on the position of the remaining tee-marker and the shape of the tee. What is the ruling?

A.The correct procedure is to discontinue play until the Committee resolves the problem.

However, if the Committee is satisfied that the competitors did not gain an advantage by playing from the place they judged to be the teeing ground, it would be appropriate for the Committee, in equity (Rule 1-4), to accept their scores, without penalty. Otherwise, they incur the penalty prescribed in Rule 11-4b.

so if most people estimate where the other marker should have been they are fine, someone should add the marker - and the first pair out are DQ'd (which serves them right for not resolving things when they could have IMO!) if they played from yellows.