Another teeing question

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Not wanting to muddle, or distract the other tee area question

If strokeplay is off the yellow tees and the players play off the further back white tees, but claim that the white tee is within the two club lengths of the yellow is it a penalty, have they played off the whites or yellows?

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Provided that they have played from within the teeing area of the tees designated by the committee for the competition played, they have not played from a wrong place. They may even move the white tee blocks (amoveable object) if they wish.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
For our Tuesday comps, we have the option of tees but must tick a box on the scorecard confirming which tee box we are using [ for 18 holes ] White or Yellow.
I think there's a 2/3 stroke difference.
BTW, sometimes the Tees are the same/level.

salfordlad

Visit site
The teeing area of the hole you are playing is defined only by your own correct tee markers. Other tee markers are not relevant to you and are movable obstructions.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
That was his "opinion".

Unless someone actually measured the distance then opinions are all we have to go on.
I didnt actually measure them but was pretty sure they weren't, but it was mainly a hypothetical question and not my problem if other groups played off the whites as the only group we saw teeing off the white we shouted to a corrected them before teeing off on what would have been their 2nd hole.