Would you wear a pair of 'joggers' to play golf in?

sunshine

Visit site
Who said you can't wear black socks with shorts?
(And get those flashes)

What a guy!

I guess you are ok with black socks as long as they are knee high :rolleyes:

There are lots of photos of Brian Barnes wearing questionable outfits, but all complied with the dress code I'm sure.

Visit site
Okay, confession time…

I own four pairs of golf joggers. I exclusively wear golf joggers. They are golf trousers, but are just turned up and skinny at the ankle…

I find them “cooler” (temperature wise, honest!) than trousers as it gets fresh air to my ankles, and they go better than normal golf trousers with my Jordan golf shoes or any kind of “trainer” style shoe in my opinion.

Shorts don’t do it for me, as my legs get absolutely cremated and bitten to shreds in the heather.

No one has said a word in 2+ years so I’ve never thought twice about it. This thread has me seriously reconsidering ?

I am in my 20s, 6ft 1 and a bit of a rake though

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Okay, confession time…

I own four pairs of golf joggers. I exclusively wear golf joggers. They are golf trousers, but are just turned up and skinny at the ankle…

I find them “cooler” (temperature wise, honest!) than trousers as it gets fresh air to my ankles, and they go better than normal golf trousers with my Jordan golf shoes or any kind of “trainer” style shoe in my opinion.

Shorts don’t do it for me, as my legs get absolutely cremated and bitten to shreds in the heather.

No one has said a word in 2+ years so I’ve never thought twice about it. This thread has me seriously reconsidering ?

Im firmly in your camp mate. They look better, feel better and really are just a modern design of golf trouser!

Jordans with a standard pair of trousers would just look weird :ROFLMAO:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
^^^^ and this is the key to it. You can carry them off so crack on.

I would never ban them, I am anti dress code full stop, but this thread, is about the fun side of whether a middle aged bloke can pull them off. As someone in this territory I can answer, 'no' :LOL:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Have been sent a pair of ankle-bearing slacks by Penguin and wondering if it is acceptable for a 51-year-old dork to give them a go?

On the one hand I'll be particularly self-conscious, look like a massive try hard, I'm overweight and I struggle with any sort of stretchy golf trouser

On the other I quite like them, they're navy blue which is all I wear, imagine they'll be pretty cooling on a hot day and I like the drawstring nature of them which appeals to my waistline

to me they just don’t make sense, if it’s warm enough to wear shorts then do so, if it’s cold enough to wear trousers then the same.

the exposed ankle also makes no sense, walking through damp rough you’ll get soaking wet socks let alone the brambles ripping you to bits if you’re a hacker…. Sorry fairway misser. That’s before we even discuss the insect bites.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
to me they just don’t make sense, if it’s warm enough to wear shorts then do so, if it’s cold enough to wear trousers then the same.

the exposed ankle also makes no sense, walking through damp rough you’ll get soaking wet socks let alone the brambles ripping you to bits if you’re a hacker…. Sorry fairway misser. That’s before we even discuss the insect bites.

Its trend though. Surely you see people sporting similar fashion around in day to day life - its simply golf just catching up.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought you were going to ask if tracksuit bottoms (what I know as jogging bottoms) were OK on the course. To me, they would be preferct, comfortable, warm and can wear shorts underneath if the weather changes.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

You could make the same argument about gilets really. If it's cold enough, wear a jacket, etc. It's just whatever people find comfortable.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You could make the same argument about gilets really. If it's cold enough, wear a jacket, etc. It's just whatever people find comfortable.

I disagree. A gilet is about keeping the core warm while not restricting movement. I’m yet to try my gilet for golf although I’ve also invested in two casual ones for during the winter.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I disagree. A gilet is about keeping the core warm while not restricting movement. I’m yet to try my gilet for golf although I’ve also invested in two casual ones for during the winter.
I'm with oddsocks. I have a golf gilet and it is brilliant. It keeps my body warm but leaves my arms free. As my arms don't feel the cold as much it works perfectly in all but the coldest of weathers. Treat yourself at the next County Golf sale, you wont regret it ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm with oddsocks. I have a golf gilet and it is brilliant. It keeps my body warm but leaves my arms free. As my arms don't feel the cold as much it works perfectly in all but the coldest of weathers. Treat yourself at the next County Golf sale, you wont regret it ;)
I have a gilet in my golf bag, you've misunderstood what I was getting at.

Well maybe people want to keep their legs warm while not restricting ankle movement? :LOL: