Would you wear a pair of 'joggers' to play golf in?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Have been sent a pair of ankle-bearing slacks by Penguin and wondering if it is acceptable for a 51-year-old dork to give them a go?

On the one hand I'll be particularly self-conscious, look like a massive try hard, I'm overweight and I struggle with any sort of stretchy golf trouser

On the other I quite like them, they're navy blue which is all I wear, imagine they'll be pretty cooling on a hot day and I like the drawstring nature of them which appeals to my waistline

D

Deleted member 1147

I’d wear them, but they don’t sound right for you ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have been sent a pair of ankle-bearing slacks by Penguin and wondering if it is acceptable for a 51-year-old dork to give them a go?

On the one hand I'll be particularly self-conscious, look like a massive try hard, I'm overweight and I struggle with any sort of stretchy golf trouser

On the other I quite like them, they're navy blue which is all I wear, imagine they'll be pretty cooling on a hot day and I like the drawstring nature of them which appeals to my waistline

No. Have some self respect. Maybe as a young 20 something you could get away with it although I wonder how many members would be tut-tutting into an apoplectic frenzy

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Post #2

Ultimately, just because you can wear something doesn't mean you should. These come into that category. For young, tall and athletic people only I'm afraid.