Would you wear a pair of 'joggers' to play golf in?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think I'd just like a light trouser (that doesn't look like a stretchy, spandex golf trouser), isn't a pair of shorts and doesn't cost £80. I also think I'm still living in 1997 where everything costs £40 and under.
I get about 90% of my golf clothes from County-Golf. You wait long enough and you'll see what you want for £25.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Think I'd just like a light trouser (that doesn't look like a stretchy, spandex golf trouser), isn't a pair of shorts and doesn't cost £80. I also think I'm still living in 1997 where everything costs £40 and under.
£40 !!!!!! ??????
I must be living in pre-1985 land.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just had a look at 'Penguin' golf gear, i think they have a bigger issue than the joggers... how about these short shorts ! :oops:

1_f6d06a49-4f6a-4d8a-b7c3-0ebfc8b67474_1800x1800.jpg

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have been sent a pair of ankle-bearing slacks by Penguin and wondering if it is acceptable for a 51-year-old dork to give them a go?

On the one hand I'll be particularly self-conscious, look like a massive try hard, I'm overweight and I struggle with any sort of stretchy golf trouser

On the other I quite like them, they're navy blue which is all I wear, imagine they'll be pretty cooling on a hot day and I like the drawstring nature of them which appeals to my waistline

The last four words in the thread title are unnecessary..........no!

Mandofred

Visit site
It doesn't matter how well you would play in them they might as well have KNOB in big letters on the backside.
I'm American.....so it goes without saying.

I'm an ex-PE/Health/Science teacher....I wear some kind of joggers 95% of the time I'm not golfing. I've brought this up before....and could include millions of pics from online.....but about 25% of all golf clothing fit into the KNOB catagory. Florescent/plaid/etc clothes......well.....I've never understand why golfers (and nobody else) think it looks great....

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Again, agreed. There are some great golfing clothing brands but still not loads (for my 'look'). Saw this the other day and despaired that we're not living and dressing like it's 1978..

Attachments

• Haas.jpg
    Haas.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 7

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
They're not really jogging bottoms in the proper sense though are they?? Aren't they just trousers, as in the same material as regular golf trousers, but just gathered at the ankles? It's not like turning up on the course in a pair of Lonsdale sweatpants. :ROFLMAO:

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Nah, this is a ridiculous trend that needs to die quickly and only reappear 10 years from now in instagram posts ridiculing Eric Van Rooyen, much like vintage gold shirt Poulter.

Next month, Cameron Smith in dungarees....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nah, this is a ridiculous trend that needs to die quickly and only reappear 10 years from now in instagram posts ridiculing Eric Van Rooyen, much like vintage gold shirt Poulter.

Next month, Cameron Smith in dungarees....
It wouldn't even be a thing if the PGA just let them wear shorts for Christ's sake. :LOL:

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
It wouldn't even be a thing if the PGA just let them wear shorts for Christ's sake. :LOL:

I get it on tour to be honest, if i were to be in a tour event I'd openly take the Poulter view of wearng the most ridiculous garb available for no other reason than to make sure i got on TV. Hence happy sponsors sign up to pay me on my short career, maximising my wealth.

The problem only arrives when MarkT misses the joke and thinks its all of a sudden OK in the real world...