Would you wear a pair of 'joggers' to play golf in?

sunshine

Visit site
to me they just don’t make sense, if it’s warm enough to wear shorts then do so, if it’s cold enough to wear trousers then the same.

the exposed ankle also makes no sense, walking through damp rough you’ll get soaking wet socks let alone the brambles ripping you to bits if you’re a hacker…. Sorry fairway misser. That’s before we even discuss the insect bites.

How is this any different from a pair of trousers or even plus fours?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not being a fashionista, I dont really know what joggers are? If they are the trousers that aren't quite long enough, and tight at the ankle, then I had some when I was young, 40 years ago, and even then I was told I looked like a knob. Many years later, plus ca change.

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
Would I wear Joggers? No, i dont personally like the look of them with the elasticated cuff. Any joggers I wear at home would be loose fitting.

But I dont really care what anybody else wears to play golf, if they feel comfortable then who is anyone else to comment. People seem to think what you wear defines what kind of person you are, which is a load of crap. I'm more interested in if people keep up with the group in front, shout fore, repair divots and pitchmarks.

Springveldt

Visit site
I've definitely not got the physique to pull them off in their current style, no one needs to see my cankles.

If they were normal length and covered the cankles I'd probably wear them, especially in winter so the bottoms aren't getting covered in mud.

I wear joggers a lot anyway since I work from home. Currently sitting in a pair right now.

D

Deleted member 25172

I’ll give it a wait until they come together with a new and trendy golf man purse to back the new and modern look up.

TigerBear

Visit site
Each to their own.

Personally I wouldn't wear them, joggers and these tight at the ankle numbers look terrible imo.

I see some of the younger golfers wear them and they look like they've fallen out of a dork tree :ROFLMAO:

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yep, I would have have. Got a pair of Puma golf joggers with the cuffs and find them really comfy. Mainly use them for the range although have worn for the odd round. If I really want to get abuse from my playing partners I’ll wear a pair that I got from Macade Golf!!