Would you wear a pair of 'joggers' to play golf in?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I would play golf in any clothing that I was comfortable in. I don't care what other people's perception of me is based solely on my clothing.
My perception is that we are all equally naked underneath.
The only question for me is the golf club's clothing rules that I endeavour to comply with (up to a point ;)).

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Love joggers so comfy.

I'm more aggrieved at the fat blokes wearing tight clothing looking like a condom filled with rice pudding, or horrendous skinny/varicose vein legs sights in summer, the john daly trouser lot, there are a lot of fashion horrors on the golf course/club house and joggers aren't them.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nope don't even own a pair of "joggers"

But it seems quite popular with younger guys. We have a rule that you must wear trousers, but seen a few under 35 wearing joggers on the course. No juniors though they all appear to love dressing like they are a pro golfer

Crumplezone

Visit site
No, but that's because I wouldn't wear joggers ever. I have no problem with anyone else wearing them for any sporting activity including golf though. Wearing them while not doing sport just shows a complete lack of interest in getting dressed properly.

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
Let's see a photo of you in them, only then can the court of virtual public opinion have a proper say on the matter.

Here's an example of the Calvin Klein Golf Joggers - I like them but bery much doubt they'd be seen as acceptable at my club as they don't allow tracksuit bottoms and tese look pretty similarCalvin-Klein-Golf-Planet-Jogger-C9563-H.Green-1_720x.progressive.jpeg

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Although please label it with a warning so i don't see it and burn my eyes! ?

I’ll attach a watershed warning. I won’t have the confidence to wear them on the course so will stage something in my garden. Probably Wednesday though don’t hold me to it, off to London now to see Leeds lose at Palace.
It’s the comfort level that particularly appeals. No interest in trying to look good, which is just as well, just like the idea of playing golf in the comfort of some pyjamas

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I’ll attach a watershed warning. I won’t have the confidence to wear them on the course so will stage something in my garden. Probably Wednesday though don’t hold me to it, off to London now to see Leeds lose at Palace.
It’s the comfort level that particularly appeals. No interest in trying to look good, which is just as well, just like the idea of playing golf in the comfort of some pyjamas
Now that has given me an idea. :whistle:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Can't see too many clubs allowing these in their dress codes. I know golf is supposed to be moving towards being as inclusive as possible and manufacturers will always push the limits on dress codes (remember the initial issues at many clubs with the Tiger round neck shirts?)

sunshine

Visit site
Have been sent a pair of ankle-bearing slacks by Penguin and wondering if it is acceptable for a 51-year-old dork to give them a go?

Yes definitely. Although maybe not on the golf course. The elasticated drawstring waistband has no belt loops so how are you going to wear your white belt?

If you don't want them I'll have them :D. These joggers are a lot less offensive than many golf specific trousers. Personally I would prefer joggers with a more tailored look, like the Puma ones Rickie Fowler has worn.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Think I'd just like a light trouser (that doesn't look like a stretchy, spandex golf trouser), isn't a pair of shorts and doesn't cost £80. I also think I'm still living in 1997 where everything costs £40 and under.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Think I'd just like a light trouser (that doesn't look like a stretchy, spandex golf trouser), isn't a pair of shorts and doesn't cost £80. I also think I'm still living in 1997 where everything costs £40 and under.
Well these are free, so nothing to lose... except your dignity! ??