Would you stay loyal.

badgermat

Club Champion
Visit site
I do agree, you can be loyal to a service provider but its hard to be loyal to a single purchase. The brand doesnt know who you are unless you have some kind of contract with them beyond their obligations for refund/replace.

Haha ... no, brands don't know customers. Even if they pretend to. But many highly-committed relationships are one-sided :)

I suspect "loyalty" in this context just means "preference for". Almost everyone has a preference for some brands over others. Even if it's expressed negatively (ie, "I'd never touch [brand x]"). That preference can be very strong in their purchase decisions.

Funny thing is, most people will insist that every decision they make is wholly rational. When research suggests quite strongly that it isn't, and that they use post-rationalisation as a tool to justify emotional decisions.

This is most strongly evident in the overwhelming number of research respondents who are quite adamant that price plays a major part in their purchase decisions ... when they have, in fact, chosen options that are more expensive (for the same or substantially similar product).

bm

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I stick to a brand I know works well. Changed my irons earlier this year and only looked at that brand and I couldn't be happier with them.

Only my hybrid and putter are not the same as the rest of my bag.

If is brand loyalty or is it a comfort thing? Personally I think it's a subconscious comfort thing more than brand loyalty for me. I've picked up other clubs and thought "that looks nice" but ultimately I'll stick to what I know and ultimately trust.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can understand brand loyalty, for example my TaylorMade driver has been good, so when I replace it I may look to stick with them. But if I try a different brand and it's better I wouldn't hesitate to get that one instead.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm very loyal!

I wouldn't look past Srixon Clubs and Puma attire.

Although I swing the club, my current set of Srixons have seen my most enjoyable times on the golf course.

Puma attire, I've worn puma sports wear since I was early teens and nothing else....why change!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I ve only ever had Mizuno Irons, not through brand loyalty, but because i liked the look the feel and how they performed. if i found something else that matched this, i would give it some thought. I do get some very good deals from the local Mizuno fitter who happens to be a mate, so would have to be something special thats for sure;)

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
After playing with hand-me-downs as a kid, the first new set of irons I bought were Titleist DTRs back in 1984, and when I came to replace them eight years ago I bought AP2s because I got them at trade price. I guess when I come to replace them in another ten years or so I might consider a different brand. :D