Would you Rather?

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just watched the highlights of Koepka winning the Phoenix Open and although it was a very sparse crowd this year for obvious reasons the grandstand at 16 I think personally is absolutely brilliant.

This got me thinking, so for a bit of fun would you rather?...........

1. Have a great seat in the grandstand at 16 at Waste management Phoenix Open were you are encouraged almost to drink, have great craic, roar and holler at the players and generally have a great time.

Or............

2. Say, sit in the grandstand at 18 at St. Andrews for the Sunday of the Open were it will be generally very quiet, very much unable to be able to have a drink and a laugh.

Personally, I honestly think I would prefer to be in the Grandstand at 16, it just looks such good craic and I think j would enjoy it more.

Just a bit of fun and all opinions are personal ?

D

Deleted member 15344

2 all day long - if I wanted to sit and get drunk shouting and screaming at players then it’s a football match

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'd do both - they both are appropriate for their respective comp.

Honestly I can't decided I suppose it would depend on my mood.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Neither for me. Although if I had to pick it would be 1. If for no other reason than I would be warm at 1, and likely trying not to freeze to death at 2.

You do know The Open Championship is held in July?

2 every time.
I wonder how many players have been put off in mid swing near that stupid hole when a roar goes up.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
For the experience No 1.

Not every week but that hole / tournament looks a blast. No.2 is what happens every other week, why not have some variety.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
2 - mainly because of Open prestige which isn't really the point i appreciate. All have a place, Ryder Cup atmosphere in stadiums more comparable to the Open as an event though. I expect i'd have a very good time at all three options.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Number 1 would be way more fun. The atmosphere must be great when someone puts it close there. And also just a bit more relaxed not having to worry about sneezing at the wrong time or whatever.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Option 1 reminds me of Star Trek.

It's golf but not as we know it.

D

Deleted member 25172

Option 1 seem more fun really, but as the stands are full with "MASHED POTATO" americans, I'd think I go for option 2 anyway.

If something similar was done in Europe I'd probably go for that option.

Loud and noisy, but not in an American way.