Would you miss Mickelson?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I don’t think I would miss a single individual player. They still have full fields and they still have a worthy winner on Sunday.

D

Deleted member 25172

Donning the best full metal conspiracy hat ....

LIV pay Phil to withdraw from the Masters & US PGA, doing so while a PGA Tour event is running. As the media (especially in US) are obsessed on his return to golf it takes coverage away from the PGA Tour, and also fuels rumours of PGA Tour interference.
Then he does return to golf at a LIV event, sending said media into overdrive.
??

If they’re sticking some more $$$ in his pocket to pull out like he has I don’t know, but I’d be extremely surprised if he’s not teeing it up at Centurion. That I think is a certain already.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never really warmed to him but regardless of that, no I won't miss him. If Tiger never played again I wouldn't miss him either. Time moves on, players reach their peak and a new set of players replace them. The circle of professional sports people.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I didn’t like him in his early days, and even less when he started using the goofy smile. And then he hung Watson out to dry in that Ryder Cup press conference. Patrick Reid refused to be drawn into slagging Watson off.

If Mickleson had had a stand up row with Watson behind closed doors, no problem. To do in front of the press, no class. If he never appeared he wouldn’t enter my thoughts. If he did play again, I guess my thought would be 1652547189833.jpeg1652547242709.jpeg

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Possibly, when I see some player make a mess of a lob that he'd stick to a few inches/feet, or when someone putts off a US Open green. But no mor/less than any other top ranked player. Too much of an 'angry' golfer to really like him. Haven't missed him since his 'extended break' either.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
He has always had a reputation as being arrogant and insufferable, especially off camera. His nickname on the PGA Tour used to be FIGJAM, Flip*, I'm Good, Just Ask Me (*or words to that effect) and he and his tissues were both major gamblers, $40m or more lost, some to people you would not wish to anger. He now comes across as a rather vulgar money-grabbing ingrate.

If I never hear of him again, I won't be sorry.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Don't think he's ever been the type of golfer that people are drawn to, but he is a huge character that has stood out as love/hate type of guy throughout his career.

I'm not commenting if I'll miss him, cos if he's teeing up at Centurion, then obviously I wont ;-)

He's a loss to the PGA tour though, and in particular to the PGA Championship - where his absence will be a pretty major talking point.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I don't think I've ever been watching golf and thought... I wish so and so player was here, or what might happen if xyz was playing etc
So that's a no, I won't miss him (or any other person) when they stop playing, regardless of the reason they're no longer on the course