Would you do it?

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
No, I wouldn't do it.

Think how many shots tour pros make from 100 ish yards over a season... probably at least 60 a week for 25 tournaments. So well over 1,000 shots, probably approaching 1,500.

Sure most will have a hole out most seasons, but it's hardly a gimmie. And they are the best players in the world.

Ok, so you might get into a good groove playing the same shot over and over and give yourself more chances. But still No. Probably I wouldn't make it, and most amateurs wouldn't.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Think how many shots tour pros make from 100 ish yards over a season... probably at least 60 a week for 25 tournaments. So well over 1,000 shots, probably approaching 1,500.

Sure most will have a hole out most seasons, but it's hardly a gimmie. And they are the best players in the world.

Ok, so you might get into a good groove playing the same shot over and over and give yourself more chances. But still No. Probably I wouldn't make it, and most amateurs wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

You're making the wrong comparisons, i'd expect it a fair few would do it. 100 yds, no wind. I'd be confident of getting it done inside 10 buckets of balls.

D

Deleted member 1147

I think any good player would have a decent chance, but I wouldn’t risk the jail sentence, I’m far too attractive for prison 😃

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Asked my mate the question.
His reply was “think I’d get bored hitting 1000 shots”

Not when $1b or gang raped in the showers for a year are at stake you wouldn’t 😂

Visit site
After 999 tries, you’ve been close a few times, probably been unlucky as well, now your down to the last shot........ Billionaire or Prison?

Think you’d be close to heart attack.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Ha, no chance. Would not back myself to make a hole-in-one in 1000 efforts. Particularly as I'd be knackered after the first 150 and lucky to even hit the green after that!
You’d be knackered after hitting 150 balls? 😳

I’d have a go for sure,.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
After 999 tries, you’ve been close a few times, probably been unlucky as well, now your down to the last shot........ Billionaire or Prison?

Think you’d be close to heart attack.
Just hit 990, then tell them you've hurt your shoulder and you'll have to do the last ten some other time. :D