Worst programme on TV

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I have a pathological hatred of many shows but X Factor and Dancing shows are right up there with the worst of them. I would gladly pull the plug on the studio while they were on air. Generally Saturday night telly is blooming awful.

Cannot stand them.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got to the end of the thread and couldn't believe Bear Grylls or Ray Mears hadn't been mentioned and then my faith was restored as I got to the post above. Totally irrelevant nonsense.

Not a big fan of cheeky Geordie pixies Ant & Dec either.

But the worst by a country mile is the call-the-Samaritans-slash-your-wrists misery fest that men call

DUM-DUM....DUMMA DUMMA DUM-DUM!

Eastenders.

Interestingly Ray hates Bear too.... Or so its reported.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love bear grylls programmes! I think he's great, apart from the bible bashing.

Me too and my 7 year old, who knows how to kill and eat an octopus, filter your own urine, start fires and other useful things! I personally think Bear is fantastic, an amazing back story and amazing he is the leader of the scouts, an inspirational guy who we love in our house. And is one of the reasons my lad also started Beavers (pre cubs)

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Me too and my 7 year old, who knows how to kill and eat an octopus, filter your own urine, start fires and other useful things! I personally think Bear is fantastic, an amazing back story and amazing he is the leader of the scouts, an inspirational guy who we love in our house. And is one of the reasons my lad also started Beavers (pre cubs)

Someones got to like him or he would not be on TV.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mrs was watching some program with Eamonn Holmes and his Mrs following a load of rich people around. Hugely sycophantic and incredibly vulgar. Typical ITV trash.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Was thinking about this, and not quite sure how to put it - but light entertainment programmes where there is a narrator. To tell you what is going on, what to think etc. "..Joe has a big challenge, the next 3 days will make or break....etc". If that is needed, then I typically won't enjoy them.

I am not including things like wildlife documentaries in this.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Easy, any reality program x-factor, Britain's got Talent, BB, anything celebrity eg Jungle, Kardashians, my daughter loves this, all just car crash TV

But best titled rubbish program on TV, 'Pointless Celebrities', best named program, very very apt.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Anything in which a celeb is doing something outside of their skillset, e.g. celebs on ice, cooking, Strictly etc. Why is watching someone who is rubbish at something considered peak time viewing?

It should be the middle of the night when insomnia strikes. It would work every time.

mikevet

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Mrs Brown's Boys - a total insult to the lowest intelligence.
Anything with Keith Lemon - he's truly dreadful and seems to be under the misapprehension that gratuitous vulgarity equates with humour.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
IMO there is nothing scheduled worth watching. My solution is just to not watch TV live. If I have an interest I have the iPlayer, Netflix etc to watch what I want when I want.

I have much better things to do with my time and I get sport on the radio.

That said, thr TV is just stuck on CBBies for the wee one, it's basically raising our child for us :)

The BBC do know how to do good programs for wee ones!

I will admit to tuning in to the back 9 of some big gold events, other than the above I play on my PC instead as I prefer interacting with my entertainment rather than just observing it.

I can't wait for the end of scheduled TV, a time when we can just watch what we want when we want. IMHO it's had its day but should be on the way out. We just need the infrastructure to replace it available to all.

Last edited:

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Haven't read the whole thread but has anyone mentioned Golf Juice yet, excruciating tv that just puts golf in an awful light. Bullard, Spoony and the prat who looks like Timmy Mallet. Truly truly awful TV. May it never darken our screens again.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Just got in from work,& the Mrs is watching a programme called Say yes to the dress.
It really is as bad as it sounds.