Worst programme on TV

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Im Sorry, but I'm a celeb is epic! Ant and or Dec are gold and its one of the funniest programs on TV. Go on, Judge me!!

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Surely life's too short to watch crap TV? Haven't watched a bad program in years as I can operate a remote control. Nearest I got was when the wife was watching an England match, but I left the room.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
There must be something wrong with my computer; this thread is supposed to be about the worst TV programme but a load of eejits keep mentioning Mrs. Brown's Boys :confused: Comic brilliance. :D

The film however was something else. :mad:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
There must be something wrong with my computer; this thread is supposed to be about the worst TV programme but a load of eejits keep mentioning Mrs. Brown's Boys :confused: Comic brilliance. :D

The film however was something else. :mad:

I tried watching it due to my mum banging on about how funny it was,like you she was wrong.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Swimming against the stream here, but I love Mrs Brown's Boys. Watched one episode of the first series and thought it was puerile, unfunny, badly acted tripe. Then, through strange circumstance, I watched the 2nd episode while quite drunk. And I sooo got it, and still do now (don't even have to be drunk anymore ;))

Big hates - TOWIE/Chelsea/South Wales/Geordie/Kardashian tripe. Anything where people are "famous" for being "famous".

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How can you pick just one?

Strictly Come Dancing, Great British Bake Off, X Factor, Britain's Got (No)Talent, any staged reality etc; anything with Clarkson the soaps.

I appreciate that many of these are very popular but to me and Mrs MM they are a complete turn off, and yes we have tried watching them.

The broadcasters' dilemna, producing programmes for all tastes

:thup: All of this. Thought me and Mrs GBH were out of sync with the rest of the country judging by the viewing figures.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
TOWIE and the similar offshoots

Mrs Browns Boys - an unfunny concept that hasn't improved over time

Citizen Khan - another poor show flogging a single unfunny concept

A lot of reality shows although I can sit through GBBO and Strictly if the wife is watching but the X Factor and Britains Got Talent leaves me cold at the callousness and fakeness of it all

Anything with "celebrity" in the title. Usually these are Z list at best

However having said that, I realise TV is a medium for the masses and so programmes are aimed at the common denominator and I understand why these programmes are on and so popular. However give me a good sporting event or documentary over these shows anytime

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I saw the first series of Mrs Browns boy and found it really funny but largely fell out of love with it when the swear words actually got used

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Spot on chrisd. But recently I watched an episode of "Some mother do 'ave 'em" - I grew up thinking it was one of the funniest things ever made. Now I think it's was utter tripe. Thankfully shows like The Young Ones remain funny to this day.

Farmergeddon

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Leaving aside the question of having to watch to watch them all to make the decision it also means to have to watch a program to identify it as bad.. We refuse to do that, we only watch the ones that we are interested in, if either of us dont want to watch what the other does we go and do something else.. There seems to be a awful lot of life wasting going on here..

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Farmegeddon - I totally understand your point. I have never seen Towie, Chelsea and Geordie Shore etc because I know I would hate them. Sometimes you just come across programmes by accident when channel hopping or whilst waiting for other programmes to start. Stupidity is of course going back to see those same awful programmes again. Now that is wasting your life.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got to the end of the thread and couldn't believe Bear Grylls or Ray Mears hadn't been mentioned and then my faith was restored as I got to the post above. Totally irrelevant nonsense.

Not a big fan of cheeky Geordie pixies Ant & Dec either.

But the worst by a country mile is the call-the-Samaritans-slash-your-wrists misery fest that men call

DUM-DUM....DUMMA DUMMA DUM-DUM!

Eastenders.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
But the worst by a country mile is the call-the-Samaritans-slash-your-wrists misery fest that men call

DUM-DUM....DUMMA DUMMA DUM-DUM!

Eastenders.

But it's so realistic - is it heck. Have they ever had a wedding where someone didn't get two-timed/murdered/arrested/got cold feet. Mrs Shark likes it which is enough for me to put it in Room 101. And Room 102, 103 and any others on the same floor.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Programmes discussing programmes!! :confused:

Theres loads of them, but the one that really blows my brains is Thronecast.
A programme with 'Pockets' Perkins and a load of boring Herbert's talking about a fictional TV show.
Unbelievable Jeff!