Worst programme on TV

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
On Saturday we were round at a friends house and they asked if we wouldn't mind if they put X-Factor on. We don't watch X-Factor, not my thing, I have only ever seen a few minutes here and then whilst waiting for another programme to start. I was staggered by how bad, how truly awful it was. From the judges to the majority of the contestants. It was really dire tv. I'd previously caught 5 minutes of Citizen Khan before the news started and thought that was the worst thing I had seen before but X-Factor beat even that.

What show do other people see as they worst they have seen?

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
There are channels that appear to be devoted to terrible tv like towie but I must admit when I saw the title x factor was the first thing that came to mind, horrible show filled with horrible people.

Last edited:
U

User62651

You've nailed it, X Factor really is about the worst thing on and has become torturous to watch BUT the kids like it so I guess take it for what it is - early Saturday evening family viewing which has always been tosh.
As long as I get my weekly dose of 'Building Alaska' I'm happy.;)

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
mrs Dando watches Towie, the Housewives of ...., Kartrashians and all that old *****!
luckily she records and watches on the sky box in the bedroom!

D

Deleted member 18588

How can you pick just one?

Strictly Come Dancing, Great British Bake Off, X Factor, Britain's Got (No)Talent, any staged reality etc; anything with Clarkson the soaps.

I appreciate that many of these are very popular but to me and Mrs MM they are a complete turn off, and yes we have tried watching them.

The broadcasters' dilemna, producing programmes for all tastes

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Any reality show but especially those on MTV - Geordie Shore or whatever its called. Mrs Shark loves it. She must be the only one. And that other one featuring a bunch of old hags with a ton of money in Beverly Hills. First against the wall when the revolution comes.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have never watched reality stuff like TOWIE so cannot comment on how bad they are, they are just not the sort of program I enjoy.
Regarding programs I have seen, albeit only a few minutes, Mrs Browns Boys probably tops the list, X Factor is another as it drags on week after week, a lot of it is probably set up and it doesn't do anything to promote real music, just promotes acts that Cowell signs up and makes a fortune out of, before dropping them when people realize they are not as good as the hype of the program suggests.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
On Saturday we were round at a friends house and they asked if we wouldn't mind if they put X-Factor on. We don't watch X-Factor, not my thing, I have only ever seen a few minutes here and then whilst waiting for another programme to start. I was staggered by how bad, how truly awful it was. From the judges to the majority of the contestants. It was really dire tv. I'd previously caught 5 minutes of Citizen Khan before the news started and thought that was the worst thing I had seen before but X-Factor beat even that.

What show do other people see as they worst they have seen?

Why did they want to watch TV when they had friends over?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We had eaten early, it was very relaxed, we see them quite often in regular hours so it was not a big deal. They sold it as fun to watch. They were very, very wrong.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Of what I have watched of late - I can't be bothered with any 'talent' show on at the moment (though I do rather like Gareth Malone's choir one when it's on). Also Mrs Brown's Boys I find pretty awful and struggle to watch (only if I have to), and like DfT I find QT absolutely mega irritating and generally just switch it off.

Though truth is that if there is a prog I dislike then I just don;t watch it, my bigegr issue is the irritating ads I have to put up with everywhere other than the BBC - thanks the heavens for the BBC...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I must admit, I don't get Mrs Brown's Boys either. The acting is just bad for starters and that is a basic talent required for any fictional show. The Mrs Brown character is fine but the rest are bad am dram people.

I've never tried the reality shows, Geordie Shore, TOWIE etc but I am pretty certain they would be up there on the scale of awfulness. The thought of the Kardashians just makes me shiver.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anything with Cowell involved.

Agree about the Mrs Brown's Boys comments and those regarding TOWIE.

Can't stand the soaps either but the Mrs likes Corrie.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another vote for Mrs Brown's Boys.

Also, my wife seems to love Ice Road Truckers. Never seen the point. They drive from A to B, the road is slippery, show over.